If you haven't noticed, I'm in love with ruffles these days. After starting this post I realized I previously had a post with almost the same title but I figured it'd emphasize my love these days. I also thought that if I knit more than one of these, I know exactly what the post title will be... hahah SO not creative, ah well.
After casting on over 200 stitches for the ruffled baby girl hat I kept picking up to recount my stitches, and then put it back down. After getting some sleep I could finally get going. Once I actually got knitting, this one flew off of the needles!
Now that I've spent 2 knitting and chatting visits with Moriah last week I'm thinking about knitting my first pair of socks sometime soon. I may have to incorporate it into my Winter Goals. Which reminds me, I'm a bit behind with my wrap-up.
Fall Knitting Goals Wrap-Up
1. Decide what to do for the two babies that I want to knit for. Not sure how big of a project I want to do now that there's 2 to knit for, and considering how long one project has been sitting on my knitting goals. Finish booties? (booties or garter stitch baby kimono) Start something new? Partly decided, knit one item to start and most likely make another ruffled baby hat.
2. Make progress on at least one baby item. Done
3. Complete at least 1 baby item. Done
4. Work on Bijouterie. Haven't found bead stash yet :(
5. Make final decision on next lace project. Still want to knit both this and this, but the lavalette has won this time (another link). I want to knit it all! (Use stashed Malabrigo Silky Merino Lace)
Deadline: January 1st 2010
Wow, I hit 4 of 5 goals this season! Awesome! And the only reason I didn't work on some beading (#4) was that I can't find my bead stash. I still have one more place to look or I'll have to wait until I empty the storage unit and officially move.
Winter Knitting Goals
1. Cast on for at least one baby item for second pending baby.
2. Complete one baby item for second pending baby.
3. Participate in KrisKnits KAL.
4. Participate and complete at least one dishcloth in KrisKnits KAL for either Jan, Feb, or Mar.
5. Participate and complete the dishcloth for each month in KrisKnits KAL (Jan, Feb, Mar).
Bonus: Cast on for something new (either a lavalette, a little ruffle, or ?)
March 20th, 2010
I went for cumulative goals again because I really think that breaking them up to smaller goals helps me to get them done. Not that finding my knitting mojo hasn't either ;)
Hot Cocoa Swappin' 3 Registration closed Jan 26th (sorry I took soo long to post). I had a blast last time!
Things are a bit crazy here these days as I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done before I head off for a business trip to Miami next week, looking forward to some sun and travel knitting!