Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Unique Basketweave Dishcloth

During the week of Thanksgiving my itching fingers found something to do...

This pattern was a fast and fun knit. Thanks Anna of Knitting Up a Storm for sharing her great pattern. I casted on in the afternoon on a long car ride and was done after dinner. I think it was just what I needed to get my knitting mojo going. I casted on for this afterward!

One cute baby gift done and off the needles and another baby item OTN. Two checks off of my Fall Knitting goals!

Fall Knitting Goals
1.
Decide what to do for the two babies that I want to knit for. Not sure how big of a project I want to do now that there's 2 to knit for, and considering how long one project has been sitting on my knitting goals. Finish booties? (booties or garter stitch baby kimono) Start something new? Partly decided, knit one item to start.
2. Make progress on at least one baby item.
Done
3.
Complete at least 1 baby item. Done
4. Work on
Bijouterie.
5. Make final decision on next lace project. Still teetering between this, this, or this. I want to knit it all! (Use stash)


Deadline: January 1st 2010

I also was feeling the need to bead (goal #4). After searching I realized that I didn't know where my bead stash went during my move in March. I have one more place to check, or otherwise it's waiting for me in storage when I move into the apartment. ::crosses fingers:: I really liked the pearls I picked out for this project and I'd like to make them soon.

Look at what I found when I uploaded pics off of my camera, it's my Son of Dish Rag Tag cloth! (Funny how they are both a derivative of basketweave)

5 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a cute cloth! I love cloth knitting. Rewarding and functional.

Jen said...

Cute dishcloth!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Love your dishcloth and the projects you have planned:)Hugs Darcy

Rachel said...

You can't hear me but I'm whispering lavalette, lavalette, lavalette from afar! :)

Glad to see your fingers are itching to knit again and some of your goals are getting checked off!

AlisonH said...

Dishcloths are wonderfully useful gifts. Cool!