Monday, December 21, 2009

Ruffles

I casted on for the Ruffled Baby Girl Hat in some Peruvia that I had in my stash.
I loved what I had seen of this pattern in cotton (peaches 'n cream) but the babies that I needed to knit for were going to be born when it was still quite cold out in New England and the hat is sized for a newborn. SO, I decided to use a warmer yarn instead and knit the size that the pattern was written for so that the babies could wear the hat sooner rather than later. If I really like the pattern maybe I'll make one for another baby in a lighter weight at some point. The pattern was too cute to pass up.

While I was out shopping the other day I saw a ruffled scarf. That sent me to Ravelry looking for patterns. The scarf was something like this, or this (chunky version). I also came across this
gathered version which was a really neat spin on a ruffled scarf.

Then I really loved and settled on: A Little Ruffle (pattern available on the blog Sadie and Oliver).

I couldn't pass this one up, neither could a lot of other knitters:


Stay tuned once I catch up on my to-do list and decide what to make this out of, and when!

In the meantime, Daizzy wanted to say HI to the blog and her friends.
She loved that Mom had a snow day on Sunday and didn't have to teach any riding lessons, so she got to hang out in Grandpa's recliner while he was out plowing snow.
Her sister Plum was quite happy about Daizzy being in the recliner too, that meant the couch was open for lounging!
Daizzy also had time to have fun with one of her favorite squeaky toys.
Dusty watched the girls to make sure that they didn't do anything that he wouldn't do ;)Daizzy also had her first experience with this nail trimmer. It went really well. She seemed to like having her nails manicured instead of just clipped.
This was taken after she had all of her nails done lightly.
From this pic I'd say PediPaws has got Daizzy's approval!

3 comments:

AlisonH said...

Beautiful animals to add warmth to the season with!

NH Knitting Mama said...

The fur babies are adorable. Hey, you know? I really like the pics of the projects you're working on in your sidebar. Cool!

Rachel said...

Hi to all of the furry pets!! Happy 2010 Alicia--wishing you peace and happiness (and productive knitting of course!) in the new year!