WOW I've been crazy busy... as seen by my longer than a month absence! I must admit to my lack thereof of knitting for the greater part of my absence, but I am feeling that familiar itch to knit these days, so hopefully I'll be back with some progress shots soon. I'm beginning to think I'm more of a cold weather knitter. Also, the swarm of swaps have ended and now I'm itching to sign up for something new.
Anyway... I do have one FO. I participated in dish rag tag again this year and here is mine.Oh right... you wanted to see the dish cloth. Well I managed to knit it and forgot to take a pic of the FO. (There's a slight chance the pic is in my camera, but not uploaded. I'll have to check. FOUND IT) For now, you'll have to use your imagination a bit. Here's the package I received. I followed the same pattern and used the Peaches 'N Cream in the pic above and below.
Nicole sent me her completed cloth along with a bunch of goodies! I got a card, pixie sticks, swedish fish, coffee, peaches and cream (to knit my leg of the race) and a skein of Antuco. Thanks Nicole!
Our team finished 12 out of 20 on 10/13/09. Great job U Can't Knit Just One! We were against some steep competition! As always, I had a great time. Thanks for running another year of this fun competition Emily! It wouldn't be summer/fall without it!
An update on my Knitting Goals (also late... you see a trend?)
Tardy Summer Knitting Goals
1. At least one FO. (DONE)
2. Cast on for baby sweater. (Wound the yarn... that's progress right?)
3. Complete one baby item. (booties or garter stitch baby kimono)
4. Work on Bijouterie.
5. Make final decision on next lace project. Lately I'm teetering between this, this, or this. I want to knit it all!
Deadline: September 22nd
Well, I did complete #1. I wound yarn for #2, but didn't cast on. I made some progress on the booties, but not enough to warrant an update pic. I didn't get anywhere near my beads so I didn't do #4, but I did put some thought into #5. Still no decision. SO I only can check off #1 from the list. Whew... quite unproductive fall in terms of my knitting goals huh? Now that I got that out of the way, I can set my next goals!
Fall Knitting Goals
1. Decide what to do for the two babies that I want to knit for. Not sure how big of a project I want to do now that there's 2 to knit for, and considering how long one project has been sitting on my knitting goals. Finish booties? (booties or garter stitch baby kimono) Start something new?
2. Make progress on at least one baby item.
3. Complete at least 1 baby item.
4. Work on Bijouterie.
5. Make final decision on next lace project. Still teetering between this, this, or this. I want to knit it all! (Use stash)
Deadline: January 1st 2010
(First day of winter is Dec. 21st. Because I'm posting this over a month late, I figured I'd push it up)
I gave myself mini-goals this time. I broke down "bigger" goals into smaller ones. I started doing that with SparkPeople several months ago. I had set a weight loss goal, and made mini-goals for my progress along the way. It worked really well with that, I've now lost over 25 lbs., so let's see if it works with my knitting goals ;) I've not only been itching to knit, but I've been wanting to bead as well. Now I need to just find the time. Stay tuned...
Lots to catch up on. I've been tagged!!! That will be up soon.