Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mount Desert Island Maine

I went to a conference at MDIBL last week. It's so beautiful up there! I'd like to go back just to play tourist next time in Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park! When I wasn't in the conference I had a little time to get to the ocean and take these pics. One morning I also took a nice long walk (sans camera, I know, bad blogger yadda yadda). Here's a few shots of the view at MDIBL. I can't imagine how scientists there actually get any work done. Next time I'll have to take a pic of the labs. They're literally on the waterfront.
Here's a shot of me on on the dock.
I thought the coastline was beautiful.
The clouds were so neat in this shot!Coming Up Next: A surprise SP14 package!!!
Also, after this weekend I'll have a few Kenny sightings to post. It's that time of year again, YAY for Kenny weekend!!!

7 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Mmmm looks like pure bliss:)Hugs Darcy

cafeeclectic said...

I love it there when I was living in Bangor!!! So beautiful! If you drink, you will have to try the blueberry ale! Yum.

Mary said...

Gorgeous! I just love the Bar Harbor area.

Shannon said...

We love it there....and we look forward to going every year. There are a couple of nice little yarn shops, too!

Erica said...

Maine is soooo beautiful in the summer! Glad you had fun!

AlisonH said...

Acadia!! We went there when I was a kid. It is so breathtakingly beautiful there.

Rachel said...

You brought back some memories of childhood vacations. We'd frequently go to Bar Harbor when I was a kid and it had to be my favorite vacation spot ever. There is just something different up there...in the air and the people. Must go back some day for a trip! Beautiful pictures.