Friday, June 5, 2009

Dearest Blog,

Happy 2nd Blogoversary! We've had another great year. In the first year, you became a part of my life. Now I can't imagine not blogging. Sure, I've had lulls and lags, (including another move!) but "life" happens. I always look forward to come back and post about what has been keeping me for so long!

This year has brought me from one minor casualty, to Kenny Chesney stalking, to 2 Stitch 'N Pitches, to 6 more (of 17?) swaps, to winning contests, to my second dish rag tag (where this time I was a captain), to baby knitting to secret knitting and back again. Can't wait to see what next year brings!

Take a bite of the famous virtual blogoversary cupcake to celebrate!
I just read a post today saying how mini-blogs (facebook, twitter etc.) are overtaking blogs in popularity. I see people twittering, but I also see my google reader continually filling up with new posts to read. I don't see blogging going anywhere. I think there is definitely a perk to both, and while I just blog, I don't think blogs will diminish. I can't imagine not blogging what I'm thinking, knitting, or etc, after only 2 years. Sure, some people prefer to mini-blog that sort of stuff, but I'm sure there are many bloggers out there like me. Maybe blogging is developing and expanding as technology advances, but I'll still continue to blog and I don't think too many blogs are going anywhere soon.

The blog wanted to hold a contest in celebration of the past 2 years, and I agree. The blog wouldn't be the same without all of the friends that it has made along the way. It's time to celebrate! Stay tuned for more info!

Thanks for everything blog,

Love,
~Ponyknit

8 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Second Anniversary :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Happy 2 year I just had mine and cant believe it.I know what you mean I'm not on twitter or face book and love blogging and it keeps me busy and happy:)((((Hugs)))) Darcy

Emily said...

Mmmm, cupcake!

Happy 2 Years!

Dianne said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Jackie said...

Happy Blogiversary! Two years is an amazing accomplishment! I love your look back to all that has gone on!

Rebecca said...

happy happy! yeah, the poop about twitter is just that. lotsa people still want their old-fashioned blogs, like me!

Jenna Z said...

Wow, happy bloggy birthday! I just shoved that whole virtual cupcake in my mouth and there's frosting all OVER! I, too, only blog and I don't really see the appeal of twitter but I'm happy people haven't abandoned their blogs yet. I like the sort-of up to date but not immediately out-of-date information of blogs. Good old-fashioned blogs!

AlisonH said...

Happy bloggytudinousness! Dang. Now I want some chocolate cake.