Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yikes, where did March go?

As I was thinking about posting, I logged in and realized it HAD been quite a while! I blame moving, Spark (ing), my freelance teaching picking up... and well, life happening ;) In order to catch up, I will be making a few posts in the near future!

First things first, I present,
a FO:My first shawl! I seriously loved knitting it. I am now seeing the addiction! I keep plotting what lace I will cast on for next. I must have put it down for almost 3 weeks because I was really busy, and all I had was 5 rows left! I kept trying to finish it, but I couldn't find the time. I finally got around to finishing and blocking it last week.

Pattern: Forest Canopy Shawl by Susan Lawrence
Weapons: US 8 Knitpicks Options Circulars
Yarn: Knitpicks Ambrosia in Cornflower (3 skeins)
Measurements: Pre-blocking: 18L X 37W Post-blocking: 23L X 47W
Start/Finish: December 25, 2008 - March 20, 2009
I flew through most of the shawl, minus the last 5 rows, in about a month. It could have easily been done in a month of leisure knitting, but life got in the way before I finished it.
Recipient: Not sure...

Notes: Great pattern for my first shawl. I ran out of yarn had to tink back at the second to last row to omit one of the pattern rows and bind off. I ended up skipping just the second to last row and binding off. Also, I learned a new bind off, it was nice and stretchy! I would have liked to make the shawl even bigger, but overall I love it! I see myself knitting another shawl in the very near future, and maybe another Forest Canopy shawl after that!
Modifications: When I had the correct amount of stitches to begin my edging, I felt as if my shawl was small and I still had one full ball of yarn left. I carried on for 3.5 more repeats past what the pattern called for, and the pattern grew exponentially! Then I began the edging.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Was wondering how you were since I hadn't seen a post in a while!

Congratulations on finishing up the Forest Canopy Shawl--it looks great! Funny you are bitten by the lace bug! Easy to get addicted to.

evergreenknits said...

The shawl looks great! Congratulations on finishing it - your first lace shawl is something to celebrate!

Dianne said...

Love that shawl!

Mary said...

The shawl looks great! :)