Friday, February 20, 2009

Daizzy Graduated and Winter Goals Check-In

Daizzy graduated from her Beginner Obedience and Behavior class this week!
Take a look at THAT "sit and stay" while Dusty demonstrates his "down."

Here's her certificate to prove it ;)
I'm so proud of her! We have both learned so much in just 6 weeks! I am amazed at how quickly she has caught on. In one of the final classes the instructor asked the class if any of us were considering going into obedience or agility classes in the future. I asked the instructor if she thought that Daizzy would do well in agility. She said that she thought she would, that most dogs love it. She encouraged me to enter a 6 week class because it is just enough to get a taste of agility and see if it suits her or not. I have always wanted to do agility, and I think this is a good time to see what Daizzy thinks about it! Our first class is in two weeks.
"Mom, what's agility? When do I get to go to school again?"

I feel like I'm overdue for a Winter Knitting Goals Update:
1. Finish Feb. Lady Sweater.
2. Make progress on my
Forest Canopy Shawl. (Almost DONE!)
3. Attempt to knit jewelry. (
Bijouterie, Winter Knitty) (Materials purchased, not done yet)
4. Make something for Hot Cocoa Swap 2 downstream partner. DONE
Deadline: March 20th

I'm doing well, but I have a loooong way to go before my sweater is done. I haven't picked it up since I cast on for my shawl, so therefore I don't see it being completed by the deadline. However, I have discovered how addictive lace knitting is, and after setting my Winter Goals, I decided to finish my shawl first. I knit my partner a Marshmallow Woman to complete #4. I hope to also complete #2 and 3 before the deadline.

Happy Knitting!

7 comments:

Renna said...

Hooray for Daizzy! She is an absolutely gorgeous girl!

Jackie said...

Daizzy is adorable and I hope you both love the agility classes!

Marissa said...

Congrats to Daizzy on graduating! We're looking into classes for Thunder Butt that she hasn't already been kicked out of.

Dianne said...

Yay for Daizzy! She looks so proud!

Jenna Z said...

Congrats! I love Daizzy's long, straight legs, they look like stilts! (You can tell I'm not used to a dog with legs!) I may be biased but I think she would look great doing obedience with those long, tall legs and such a stately face.

Pooch said...

Cheers for Daizzy!! What a great certificate...er..diploma? :)

Equally impressive is the half completed set of knitting goals!! Well done.

AlisonH said...

And she's a beautiful dog, too!