Friday, January 2, 2009

Onward to 2009!

FO's of 2008 (Listed by date completed.)

I spent most of my knitting time over the holidays working on my Forest Canopy Shawl. I am really enjoying the pattern. The KnitPicks Ambrosia is sooo soft!I recently posted my Winter Knitting Goals, which include progress on my shawl and a finished February Lady Sweater. Because I'm enjoying working on the shawl so much, I may just keep knitting until I finish. My goal was just to make some progress, but it's quite addictive! I just started the second skein.

Blog Update: I gave my blog a bit of a face lift. You might have noticed the Flickr Badge (on sidebar.) I always like to see other people's FO's or knitting pictures while browsing their blogs. I also added pictures of each individual WIP with links to them on Ravelry (see "On the Needles" on sidebar.)

Maybe seeing what I have OTN more regularly will be that extra push to give some of my lingering WIP's some much needed attention. I didn't list a goal of working on some old WIP's this time because I wanted to get my sweater completed first. I remember how hard it was to put down Mom's Mitts in order to cast on for my shawl to complete all of my fall goals.

I guess I am not only a process knitter, maybe I am part product knitter too. I like having several projects OTN at one time, so that I can choose what I want to work on with the time/place that I am going to knit. However, I am finding that once I really get into a project, I'm quite monogamous.

Quiz: Here' a fun quiz that has been bouncing around cyberspace.
1097733262_Guru.gif
You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin.
http://marniemaclean.com

Bootcamp: Also, I just joined a fitness challenge on SparkPeople.com. I have been logging into the site since July. It's a great place to keep track of your workouts and what your eating, and it's free! I have been trying to get more regular treadmill workouts in, and while I was on the site I saw a post about the SparkPeople New You Bootcamp Challenge. For the month of January, each day you are to do a 10 minute fitness video, and 5 days a week you need to do 30 minutes of cardio. It sounds like the kick in the butt that I need. If you join SP or are already a member, comment here and we can swap usernames.

Happy New Year! Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

Mary said...

The shawl is looking great!

Jenna Z said...

I signed up based on your post! So far, I think it's great! I did today's workout and I think the daily videos are going to be a great way to ease back into working out. After January I will feel much better about my ability to keep up in gym classes and start going more regularly. I haven't really been going weekly since around October. Oops. Thanks for the link! My username is Corgipants!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you accomplished a lot! The shawl is looking lovely. Best wishes for the New Year to you!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your shawl is so pretty:)Hugs Darcy

Rachel said...

You've got a great start on that shawl! It's addictive isn't it? :) Beautiful color you've chosen!

Like the changes to your blog. I've thought of adding that flickr thing to mine but haven't gotten around to it. I do need to keep up better with posting shots of my projects on the needles though.

Good luck with your workout plan--hadn't heard of that site but so great it's working for you!