Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting DOWN to business...

After our first class, Daizzy and I practiced and practiced her "sit" for homework. This week she learned "down" in a matter of minutes in her second class! Woo Hoo!

Here she is working on this weeks assignment, including "stay" as well...What a smart girl! I am so happy with her progress. We've got her third class tomorrow.

Dusty has petitioned that he hasn't been on the blog these days. While Daizzy and I were practicing, he was silently petitioning and working on his "down" and "stay" in the next room from us. I had to get photographic evidence.
In order to even the cards, he also demonstrated his favorite, "sit."
Too bad I can't get those on command... you know what they say about cats. ;)
He does know one trick by command, I'll have to have him demo that another time.

Lastly, he wanted to one-up Daizzy, so he demonstrated how to "play dead."
He's pretty convincing!
Daizzy listened to her Lassie instincts and checked in on him immediately.

I wonder what he'll do after Daizzy learns something new!

WIP: I have promised a WIP shot, here's the latest "blob" pic of my Forest Canopy Shawl. I finished the pattern repeats, but I'm going to do a few more. It seemed too small to stop now, and I have a little more than one of three skeins left. I wanted to finish it this weekend, but I didn't get enough time to work on it. Hopefully I can get some solid knitting time in to finish soon. Lace knitting is sooo addictive!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

The pup and the kitty are so, so, cute!

Dianne said...

Clearly, they are both brilliant! I love Daizzy's markings.

Mary said...

The shawl looks great! My cat loves to pratice "speak!"...all the the time :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love it when I see pets playing and your shawl is pretty:)Hugs Darcy