Monday, January 19, 2009

Class is in session...

Daizzy had spent the beginning of her life in the show ring, at breed shows.  Now she's ready for another job!  Daizzy and I attended our first Beginner Basic Obedience and Behavior Class on Tuesday.  We have started to work on what I would consider to be "normal" dog skills.  I had been trying to work on this one for quite a while on our own, but it wasn't clear enough to Daizzy.  
At class our teacher shared some wisdom, and LOOK at who knows how to "sit."  In the pic she's also practicing her "stay."  We've got class again tomorrow, it runs for 6 weeks.  As seen in the pic, we've got plenty of snow.  We had two snowstorms over the long weekend.  Daizzy doesn't seem to mind if it means that after she helps mom shovel she can play frisbee in the snow!  

OTN:  I've been working on my Forest Canopy Shawl.  It has approached the "blob" stage.  It is growing, but picture evidence will not really show it.  I will show a WIP pic next time, despite the "blob" status.

7 comments:

Jenna Z said...

Adorable! What a fantastic student! Are you thinking of starting in Rally or traditional obedience?

insanknitty said...

Look how cute she is... I'm sure she's an excellent student! I cannot wait to see the forest canopy shawl... it's a beautiful knit. I myself am working on a Swallowtail. :-)

Jackie said...

She is SO cute!

Shannon said...

She looks like she knows what she's doing! Or waiting for something. Either way, she's too cute.

Dianne said...

Amazing! Such a smart girl!

Alexis said...

so cute! she has such an expressive face! Thanks for the kind words on my slippers. :)

Gnat said...

Oh, how great!! We just started our Advanced Basic Obedience class! It's fun!