1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? Knit only. May learn crochet one of these days...
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? Amanda Hat. I have knit scarves and dishcloths mostly. I hope to make more hats and mittens.
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I think each type has it's place. I have a fair amount of bamboo straights in my collection and lately I have been adding both aluminum and plastic circulars to my collection. I am preferring circular over straight these days when I have the option. (Knitpicks options and random others) I keep running out of size 6 Knitpicks Options needles. I keep having to swap them around.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? Currently I've got my NaKniSweMo February Lady Sweater waiting on the needles, it's waiting for me to finish my Forest Canopy Shawl. Oldest UFO is Clogs (OCS... one clog syndrome.)
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? I really like working with Malabrigo, mohair and other yarns. I like soft yarn and I like wooly yarn. It depends what I'm making. I do not like 100% acrylic yarn, but I have no problem with a mixture of acrylic. I do not like fun fur or eyelash yarn. I'm always open to trying someone else's favorite.
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? I love yellow and blue. I'm also a pink fan. I have something against purple. I still end up wearing it a lot and sometimes I find myself persuaded to use it or buy clothes that are purple.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? I love stitch markers. I'm always open to try someone's favorite knit accessory. I do not have a yarn cutter.
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? Either. I'm open to try someone else's favorite.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? I don't typically have either on my hot chocolate. Marshmallow's are a nice addition, whipped cream is yummy for a special occasion.
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’? Typically no. Since I've logged into the swaps' site, and saw the hot cocoa with chocolate chips and whipped cream, I've been considering it...
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? More in the winter time.
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? Depends on my mood. Typically a straight chocolate person. Can be tempted if it involved mint or coffee Hot Chocolate. (See #6)
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Not technically cocoa, but for a treat I love a Cafe Mocha at Starbucks. Chocolate meets coffee, can't beat that! I recently purchased some "Natural Mint Cocoa" at Trader Joe's and I LOVE IT!
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? A thick mug with my current WIP and latest Netflicks.
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? Some chocolate or cookies.
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I do not spin. I love making stitch markers. I have also started doing some small sewing projects. I don't mind sewing by hand but Now that I have a little machine (thanks SP13 spoiler!!!) I'll imagine I will be sewing more. I have a lot of ideas for tote bags, needle organizers, etc.
2. Do you collect anything? Yes, I have a fair amount of books ranging from horseback riding/instruction to cooking/baking to animal rights to various "fun" novels and of course Knitting books. I collect Miles Davis books and music. (I became obsessed with him and Jazz when I played flute and trumpet and sang during high school.) I also collect the little shell "animals" that touristy shops sell everywhere. I have probably 6 different animals from my travels. It's sort of an "incidental" collection, I can't stop myself from buying them when I see new animals. I also have a collection of Painted Ponies.
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? SNOW!
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I LOVE lavender. It's sooo relaxing. I also love the smell of fresh roses. I also like "clean" scents or vanilla for the home.
5. Are you allergic to anything? No allergies. Aversion: I don't like ultra dark chocolate.
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? Ponyknit
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Out to the barn for a ride, and back home to snuggle up with Daizzy and a cup of hot cocoa. We'd watch a movie and knit ;)
8. What’s your favorite animal? Tie, Horses and dogs.