Thursday, December 18, 2008

First packge from SP13

WHOA! My SP13 spoiler had contacted me a little while ago and asked if I minded one of my packages being bigger than the others, and of course, I said no. Well she was not kidding about sending a big package! I worked late yesterday, and came home to her package. It had been left in front of a door that we don't use very much, so it had been waiting for 2 days.

I opened the box and found a (mini) Mighty-kite. Then, I found three wrapped packages with instructions.
The first package that I was instructed to open had a Clover Crochet set and beautiful earrings, that she made for me.
Next, I opened a package with a fat quarter of fabric.
Here's a closer look at the crochet hooks, earrings, kite, and fabric.
Then lastly, I opened a big wrapped box, which was a sewing machine! I bet it will be perfect to learn on!Thanks go out to my SP13 spoiler for such an AWESOME package. She knew I'd been itching to get sewing, and she has now helped me to get started. I can't wait!

One close-up for the lady.
She's so pretty, I think she deserves a name.

WIP Update: Mom's Mitts. (Try to ignore my silver thumb ring)
Finished first cap, almost. Followed the pattern but got confused. I think I'm going to graft the back portion of the mitt.

3 comments:

Moriah said...

Holy cow! You are one lucky girl! Also yay for mittens...you might even finish them for this Christmas! :P I have to admit I'm slightly jealous of your sewing machine that isn't almost twice my age (although to be fair the one I have is *only* about 10-12 years older than I am). We need to get together while I'm on break...and perhaps visit E and A if the weather allows.

Bea said...

Wow! That is an awesome package! The mittens are really cool.

Yvonne said...

HOLY COW that is an awesome package! A sewing machine!! Wow.