Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fall Knitting Goals, Some Stitch Markers and SP13 #1

Because I haven't checked in for a while with my Fall Knitting Goal Progress:

1. Finish other baby gift set. DONE
2. Start my first shawl. (Notice the key word, start) (Forest Canopy Shawl, Simple Lace Shawl).
3. Purchase yarn and make progress on first sweater. (A February Lady Sweater.) Ended up being my NaKniSweMo sweater. It's not done yet, but more progress than I expected when making these goals at least!
4. Work on more projects that have been OTN for far too long. (Thinking Mom's Mitts?)
5. Something for Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap (Registration closes Oct. 15th)
Made Stitch Markers instead of knitting, due to NaKniSweMo and due to the fact that I hadn't made any for a while and missed it.

Deadline: December 21st

So, I need to continue progress on #3, Feb. Lady Sweater, and #4, work on WIP's, and start #2, Shawl over the next few weeks. Possible? I think so! (Unlike my NaKniSweMo ideas... haha which is STILL proving to be a good motivator!)

Here are some pics of some stitch markers that I made for my Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap downstream partner, who just received her package on Saturday.
And some others that I made with secret intentions:

(Anyone have a clue as to why my pictures keep getting their right sides cropped when I post? I'm posting with photo's uploaded through Flickr. They look normal in my "edit" view, but are cropped in the published version)

SP13 Question #1 Since we've just had Thanksgiving here in the US, I'm wondering what everyone is most thankful for this year. You don't have to be in the US or even celebrate Thanksgiving to answer. Just share with us! :-) I am most thankful for my health, my family, and my friends (the family that you get to choose for yourself), and also my pets. After having some health issues with close family members this year, it is closer on my mind. Luckily my mare's health has improved from this time last year, and for that I am also thankful.

Coming soon, a new WIP pic of Feb. Lady Sweater.

3 comments:

AlisonH said...

For the people I love and the fact that somehow despite my faults, they love me back.

Jackie said...

I love your stitch markers!

I'm having the same issues with some of my pics on blogger. Have no idea why!

Bubblesknits said...

I might have an idea about the pictures. If you look closely, the thin grey line that borders the pictures is getting cut off on the right hand side. This happens when the picture is too wide for the layout you're using on Blogger. If you use a wider layout, your pictures probably won't get cropped. Or, you can choose one of the smaller picture sizes from flickr. :-) I hope this helps!