Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Meme

Spotted this on Mommy+Knitter. Feel free to post this on your blog if you'd like to spread some cheer.
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Either. It depends on the gift. I like using gift bags when it's several small items, but I also like to wrap something up beautifully in a box.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, when I have my own house. But I'm sure I'll eventually resort to Artificial, it gets messy after a while.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend of December.
  4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Years.
  5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, especially the adult variety ;)
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm remembering Petster to be a hit...
  7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? My pets. They are easy to please, if it involves toys and/or food.
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. My mom does.
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Prefer snail mail for X-Mas cards.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one... I'm sure there is one in there somewhere.
  12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Used to hate shopping before T-day, and usually started shopping last minute. This year I started was just after T-Day, and have everything that I've bought wrapped already. I have a few things left. It is nice to be almost done well before X-Mas.
  13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
  14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Lasagna or Snowball cookies.
  15. Lights on the tree? Yup, white only. Not a fan of colored lights.
  16. Favorite Christmas song: Dominick the Donkey. (Hee Haw, Hee Haw)
  17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. I usually travel to Florida sometime in January to celebrate with my brother and the gang.
  18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yup. Dasher, Dancer, Prance, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blixen.
  19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One X-Mas Eve, the rest Christmas morning.
  20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Obnoxious lawn ornaments.
  21. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like a good mix of homemade ornaments and store bought in different colors and variety's.
  22. What do you want for Christmas this year? Upgrades to my golf clubs, contributions toward my entry of Daizzy into a beginner obedience class.
  23. Angel or star on top tree? Angel this year. Sometimes a star.
  24. Favorite meal: Lasagna.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

But...but... You don't *like* obnoxious lawn ornaments? (Heh.) I figure they just always mean someone has a sense of whimsy, even if I'd never put that thing in my yard.

Dorothy said...

MMMMM, lasagna!