Thursday, November 13, 2008

SP13 Questionnaire

SP13 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I would have to say my love right now is Malabrigo, but I also really enjoy mohair and other yarns. I like soft yarn and I like wooly yarn. It depends what I'm making. I do not like 100% acrylic yarn, but I have no problem with a mixture of acrylic. I do not like fun fur or eyelash yarn. I'm always open to trying someone else's favorite.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Knitpicks Options in their own binder/pockets. Straight needles in a roll. (Gifted from Christmas swap)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 3 years. I guess I am somewhere in intermediate. I have done some work with increases/decreases, K2TOG, some cables, and YO's. I always like when I pick a new pattern and it has a few new skills for me to pick up along the way. Thinking about socks sometime soon. Currently knitting my first sweater for NaNiSweMo

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, amazon. (see sidebar)

5. What's your favorite scent? I LOVE lavender. It's sooo relaxing. I also love the smell of fresh roses. I also like "clean" scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes. I like most sweets. Including snickers, dove chocolate, swedish fish, gummi bears etc. I dislike really dark chocolate (over 70%)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin. I love making stitch markers. I have also started doing some small sewing projects. I don't mind sewing by hand but I feel that if I buy myself a little machine I'll be sewing a LOT more. I have a lot of ideas. (tote bags, needle organizers, etc.)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have a love for most music. I love country, top 20, jazz (esp. miles davis), most everything except really heavy metal. I can listen to MP3's in my car.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love yellow and blue. I'm also a pink fan. I have something against purple. I still end up wearing it a lot and sometimes I find myself persuaded to use it or buy clothes that are purple.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am currently living at home (see a previous SP11 response) I have a percheron/thoroughbred horse named Dee. She lives 10 minutes away. I will be moving to a new house/barn sometime soon, in the same area, and Dee will live with me then. I also live with my smooth Collie Daizzy, Daizzy's sister (a rough collie), and my parents cat Dusty.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and mittens ALL the time in winter. I wear baseball hats a lot and wool hats or headbands in the winter. I don't have a poncho, but I have considered making myself one.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really enjoyed knitting an amanda hat. I also made a wrap (Wisp) and plan to make a shawl. (Although this one ended up being smaller and more like a scarf.) I have enjoyed making mittens, washcloths, and scarves so far... Thinking about socks sometime soon. I have a few bags on my to-do list. I don't have too many completed projects so I don't feel like I have a "favorite" yet. I really loved making my Wisp. It was my first lace project and I loved the mohair. Even though it was simple, I still enjoyed making it. Liked it so much I have some Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud to make another one. At this point, if I'm willing to make something again, I'd call it a favorite.

13. What are you knitting right now? Currently I'm participating in NaKniSweMo and knitting a February Lady Sweater. I have made some winter goals which include working on my first sweater as well as trying to knock out the high amount of almost finished WIP's that I have hanging around. Want to finish my mom's mitts soon. I just finished a streak of baby bibs and burp cloths.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I think each type has it's place. I have a fair amount of bamboo straights in my collection and lately I have been adding both aluminum and plastic circulars to my collection. I am preferring circular over straight these days when I have the option. (Knitpicks options and random others)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I recently purchased a winder (YAY for lovely center pull balls) Naturally, I've put a swift on my want list.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Clogs (OCS... one clog syndrome)

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? It would have to be Christmas. I love finding/making just the right gift for someone.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yes, I have a fair amount of books ranging from horseback riding/instruction to cooking/baking to animal rights to various "fun" novels and of course Knitting books. I collect Miles Davis books and music. (I became obsessed with him and Jazz when I played flute and trumpet and sang during high school.) I also collect the little shell "animals" that touristy shops sell everywhere. I have probably 6 different animals from my travels. It's sort of an "incidental" collection, I can't stop myself from buying them when I see new animals. I also have a collection of Painted Ponies.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Thanks to Ravelry, my books are mostly posted there. I think there are several missing because they haven't been posted on Rav yet. I am trying to decide which magazine to get. I keep swapping between Knit.1 and Knitscene. As far as patterns that I would like, they are in my sidebar (along with the free patterns that I want to knit.) I noted if I have them or need them.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Off the top of my head: Learning long tail cast on's. Would like to try toe up socks, maybe try two at a time socks now that I have the book.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not yet, (see #21). In general I am a size 8. Will post measurements soon. (I know I said I'd do it earlier, twice actually. I will, promise!)

23. When is your birthday? June 3rd

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Ponyknit

No comments: