Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble and AACS Q5


Happy Thanksgiving!

Autumn Coffee Swap (Final) Q5
This week is Thanksgiving in the US, and our Canadian friends have already celebrated their day of thanks. So for his week, share a recipe, or tell us about your favorite "Fall" foods.
My favorite fall foods are anything with apple. I love apple crisp, apple cider, and apple pie. this time of year. This fall I had a craving for apple cider doughnuts (and I'm not a doughnut person regularly). I still haven't had one since my craving hit this fall. The best apple cider doughnuts are from a little market near where I went to college out in Western MA. They are especially known for the apple cider doughnuts. They sell them faster than they can get them out of the oven!

And now for a bit of Thanksgiving knit dreaming...
Recently I saw these mitts and thought both options were quite cute. (Rav Link to Toast) Then I saw the Knotions Winter Issue and fell in love with this vest. (Fence Vest by Mara Leigh)


Maybe I should call it knit planning...
I'm loving this vest!
And my mom has been hinting that her Mitts aren't done yet,
and that she could use something in the meantime...


Hoping to have a lot of time to work on my NaKniSweMo sweater during my time off for the Holiday, while it's still November...
Almost past yoke.
Sooo not finishing in November, but I can try to get closer to finished before December hits.
It doesn't hurt to have *more* knits lined up for "next" right?
I like how this his pic shows the reds in this heather Cascade.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck finishing up your sweater! And I agree--I love that vest too!

Kathy said...

Fence vest is so beautiful. I cannot wait to see yours !

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I love the blue vest too.