Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap Questionnaire

Sign-ups close Oct. 15th

About Your Yarn Passion

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn? Knit. Coming up on 3 years. Haven't crocheted yet.

2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I use my 6 and 7's a lot.  I tend to have to decide which project that can go without needles for the moment.

3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others? I enjoy making dishcloths, scarves, mittens, shawls, bibs, burp cloths, basically everything I've made so far.

4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? Currently OTN I have another Burp Cloth, Mom's mitts, So-Called Scarf, Airy Scarf, and Fiber trends felted clogs. Clogs are by the oldest, they've been on the needles for over 2 years.

5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you? I like to take at least one portable project when traveling along with at least one more.  I fear running out of something to knit, or having free time without any knitting, so I typically take plenty of choices with me on vacation.    

6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try? I love working with Malabrigo, CoolSpun Cottons, and various Mohairs.  I love trying other peoples favorites (that's how I found CoolSpun.)  No allergies,  I dislike novelty yarns (eyelash, etc.).

7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand? I love blue, yellow and pink.  I do have a thing for heathers and variegated colors such as in Malabrigo.

Your Coffee Passion

1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not? Leaded. Seriously.

2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press? Either, Whole beans are nice, but I often end up buying ground.  I make my coffee by the pot.  Considering buying a Tassimo.  I do appreciate every cup brewed fresh, and I do make it for just myself... it seems like a good idea.

3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? Medium to rich/bold works for me. I dislike decaf or flavored coffees. Anything that is a roast or traditional flavor is what I like. I typically like house blends or breakfast blends.

4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? Skim milk only. Not really into add ins, unless I'm spoiling myself with a cafe mocha and adding chocolate or something.

5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine? Taste wakes me up, caffeine keeps me awake ;)

6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Occasionally I will have a Cafe Mocha or Mochacchino for a special treat. I am open to try anything in the traditional realm of flavor. I do drink Starbucks frozen Frappucchino's that are flavored (Java Chip Light).

7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? Thick mug.  I like to sip, and I find if I'm having a cup at home I have to use something that keeps my coffee hot for a long time so that I get the chance to finish it before it is cold.  I'm often taking it with me in a travel mug that seals tight on the top, to keep my coffee hot longer.

8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?  Depends on the day.  I like the occasional treat of biscotti or chocolate with my cup of coffee.  Often I have my coffee with breakfast and it can be a granola bar or bagel with cream cheese.

All about YOU!

1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I make stitch markers.

2. Do you collect anything? Yes, I have a fair amount of books ranging from horseback riding/instruction to cooking/baking to animal rights to various "fun" novels and of course Knitting books. I collect Miles Davis books and music. (I became obsessed with him and Jazz when I played flute and trumpet and sang during high school.) I also collect the little shell "animals" that touristy shops sell everywhere. I have probablly 6 different ones from my travels. It's sort of an "incidental" collection, I can't stop myself from buying them when I see new animals. I'll have to get a pic of them. I also have a collection of "Trail of Painted Ponies." (handpainted horse statues, I linked in case you are curious)

3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? Colors of the beautiful foliage, crisp air...

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? Love lavender and rose scents.  I love fresh/clean scents in my home more than on myself.

5. Are you allergic to anything? Yes, anything heavily perfumed/fragranced, but nothing food/beverage.  

6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? Yes, Ponyknit.

7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day?
Head out to the barn!

No comments: