Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Final Summer of Yarn Package Received and Fall Knitting Goals

My third and final package from the Summer of Yarn swap arrived!
It was packed with all sorts of great treats. My Upstream partner Heather, HSailorMoon, did an excellent job shopping! This package had a gorgeous skein of Mano's, a lovely seashell tea light holder, a journal, cute post-it's, adorable stickers, seashells, Swedish fish, 6 skeins of Sugar 'N Cream with a Lily pattern book, and an appointment pad. I didn't own any Mano's, she picked out the perfect skein! I've also been eyeing the Lily pattern book for some of it's dishcloth patterns. Also, every knitter knows one can always use more cotton in my stash ;) Heather also knew I liked cute note pads and etc. The beach theme was perfect for me!
Here's a close-up of the gorgeous Mano's. Not sure what I'll make with it, but it may shift some of my new projects priorities!

I have really enjoyed this swap. I hope to participate again next time around. I am not in the Fall swap, but will keep my eye out for a winter one or etc. Thanks Heather, you were a great partner! All three of the packages were awesome!

My new Mason-Dixon book also arrived! After only a quick flip it looks as awesome as expected!
Here's a project that immediately caught my eye, Belinda.
I do believe Mohair is one of my weaknesses...

Because the first day of fall was Monday...

Summer Knitting Goals: (Complete/Incomplete)

1. Complete a burp cloth to gift with Bib DONE
2. Complete a square for something *top secret* (I will reveal later!) DONE
3. Complete another baby gift set (College Roommate due in Fall) WIP
4. Washcloth (or 2) for a Swap (Summer of Yarn, or also SP12 too if I have time) Modified and made my Dish Rag Tag cloth instead.
5. Start my first shawl. (Notice the key word, start) (Forest Canopy Shawl, Simple Lace Shawl).
6. Work on some more projects that have been OTN far too long. Worked on Mom's Mitts

I have started but not finished goal #3. I am almost done with the bib. Not sure what else I will make, another Baby Genius Burp cloth?
The one goal that I did not complete was #5. I blame it on the fact that I have no way to skein my yarn and did not want to hand wind that skein. I'm working on purchasing a yarn winder.


Because I was motivated by my summer goals I would like to propose some Fall Goals as well.

N.B. They may be modified if I decide to add any holiday knitting in the near future, but this is what I'm aiming for now.
This all was started by Skeins Her Way posting her own Summer knitting goals on her blog. I encourage anyone who is interested to post their knitting goals also. (Please comment here if you do!)

Fall Knitting Goals:

1. Finish other baby gift set.
2. Start my first shawl. (Notice the key word, start) (Forest Canopy Shawl, Simple Lace Shawl).
3. Purchase yarn and make progress on first sweater. (Most likely a February Lady Sweater.)
4. Work on more projects that have been OTN for far too long.
5. Something for Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap (Registration opens Oct. 1st)


Deadline: December 21st

Coming Next: Knitting content!

3 comments:

HSailorMoon said...

I am glad you like the items! Also I always love how you photograph them. I kind of take snap shots of the packages before I send them, but they always look better in your photos! ;D

Also Manos~ yeah seriously... beautiful stuff and thought you would like that color~ ;D

Rachel said...

Nice package--love that Manos. I broke down and bought 2 skeins for a scar in dark autumn colors!

Good luck on your fall goals. I made my list (mostly gifts) the other day and it's quite daunting!

Rebecca said...

oh hooray! what a great gift. love the manos. it's one of my fav yarns. was my all time fav until malabrigo usurped it. and you have that great new book, too? wow. i haven't seen a copy in the flesh yet, can't wait to browse it.

you are so on the ball with all your goal setting. maybe if i committed mine to paper/blog, then i would hold myself more accountable than i do now. and maybe accomplish more?