Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Final SP12 Package and a Book

This round of SP12 flew by! I've been receiving awesome packages from my upstream since June. Being the last package of the swap, I found out who had been behind all of the packages and spoiling me. My partner was Shannon.
First I found a package with a lovely yellow bag that Shannon knit (and felted) with an adorable blue button keeping it closed. Next, I opened another wrapped package with two lovely skeins of Silky Merino (Mmmmm Malabrigo) with a shawl pin and a packet of Soak (which must have fell somewhere in between the Malabrigo for both pictures). Then I opened a package full of a yellow hand knit bath mitt and hand towel with a sprig of lavender (from her garden!), a stick of lavender lotion, lavender lip balm in a pouch, and lavender oatmeal soap. Everything smells soo great!
She not only sent me all of the above, but once I opened the bag that she made me, it was chock full of all sorts of treats. Dog treats for Daizzy, cat treats for Dusty, candy for me, and even horse treats for Dee. (I've never given Dee beets, I bet she'll love 'em.) Last, but not least, (I was directed to open it last) I opened a beautiful card.
I was so very spoiled, thank you so much! I will think of you when I use the hand knits! The colors are so beautiful! I can't wait to try all of the lavender gifts. I have always been a fan of Goat's milk lotion, I can't wait to try everything else. I have really sensitive skin and I think these products will be great. Head on over to The A Page-In-Thyme shop, I know I will! Thanks again Shannon!
I mentioned in a previous post that I had bought something for myself when I purchased a gift for the winner of the Greatest American Dog pool on Rav and didn't want to post it until she received hers. I bought Barknknit a copy of 2-At-a Time socks (Melissa Morgan-Oakes) and Knitting without Tears (EZ). I had just recently bought myself my first 2 EZ books (and was happy to do that for someone else), and I had been eyeing 2-At-a Time Socks so I bought myself a copy also.

A lot of other updates... will make separate posts!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

that felted bag is awesome, wow! and the Silky Merino (Mmmmm Malabrigo)? i haven't seen any of that in the flesh/fiber, yet. can't wait to get my hands on some, too!

Shannon said...

I hope the Goat's milk soap works for you! I have a hard time with almost ALL soaps, and have been using another one of her soaps..a facial bar. I'll try to grab an extra at the Farmer's Market on Friday (she sells out so fast) and send it your way.

I can't wait to see what you come up for the Silky Merino...

Nichole said...

Great package... esp that felted bag... LOVE it!

Rachel said...

Wow--what an amazing package! OK--I want to see a picture of 2 socks being knit up soon! :)