Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Kenny, SP12 Question #7 and Contest Wrap-Up

Just because I had so many responses from my previous Kenny stalking, I figured these photos may be of interest to a few of you.  This years tour was...

(yes, he wore Red Sox stuff ALL night! ;) )
This weekend was one of my favorite weekends of the year, Kenny weekend!  I've been going every year with a good friend for 3 years now.  This year Kenny had Gary Allan, LeAnn Rimes, Sammy Hagar, and new dad Keith Urban with him.  
Here's LeAnn in a Brady Jersey
During Kenny's performance he even had some Patriot and Red Sox stars join him up on stage!   The concert was held at Gillette stadium in Foxboro, MA (for those of you who are not from the area, it's the home of the Patriots!) 
If you look close, you can see Vinatieri and Wakefield in the group.
(sorry, gotta love random hands in photos.)
 

As always, it proved to be a great time. 

SP12 Question #7:

What is (are) your favorite place(s) to knit? I knit everywhere. I am most comfortable on a comfortable couch somewhere.

What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting? I always keep my mini bamboo crochet hook, stitch markers, little scissors, and a yarn needle nearby.

Contest Wrap-Up

Prizes from my Belated 1st Blogiversary 101st post hybrid contest have been mailed out. Congrats to the winners!

I asked for people entering the contest to tell me about their favorite knitting or sewing projects. I received a lot of great ideas through this contest and I wanted to share the great ideas. Maybe they will inspire your next project! (I linked to Rav if a specific pattern was mentioned and I could find it.)

Bags: Felted, Market Bag

For Baby: Baby Surprise Jacket, Baby Hats, Knitted Babes

Hats: Mini Ruffled Pillbox Hat, El Capitan Hat

Mitts: Fingerless Mitts

Other: Socks, Cowls, Dishcloths, Headband, Fiber Trends Felted Clogs

Shawls: Icarus, Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl, Triangle Shawls

Scarves: Branching Out Scarf, Diamondback Scarf, Flame Scarf, Cable Scarves

Sweaters: Wicked, Kauni Cardigan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least 5 of the mentioned patterns are on my list! I think that's a great way to get ideas for yourself or others.

The concert looked like a blast. I LOVE the *Brady* shirt, it's my son's name....and his dad is Tom. Really, it isn't because of football, he doesn't watch. I do, just don't let him know!

I have also been known to knit in the line at the grocery store, especially during the holiday time, when lines are long and deadlines are looming!

Secret Pal

wildflower38 said...

The concert looked fantastic!!!

What do you think about Manny and the Sox parting ways?