Saturday, June 21, 2008

SP12 Question of the week #1 and #2, Bib, and Summer Knitting Goals

A bit behind on this question thing...
#1 What is your favorite summertime drink?? Non alcoholic would have to be iced coffee in the morning and iced tea during the day. Alcoholic would have to be a frozen margarita. Mmmmm

#2 As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday? I always looked forward to having all the time I wanted with whatever I wanted to do it in. I spent tons of time in the pool, reading, and goofing off with my horse.

Summer Knitting Goals: Found this on Skeins Her Way and thought it was a good idea. Hope I'm not being too ambitious ;) (Like the idea? Stop by her blog and enter her contest too! EDIT: Looks like the contest ended, but here's for hoping she extends the deadline. Either way I think this is a great idea to get some knitting mojo flowing OTN!)

1. Complete a burp cloth to gift with Bib I made last week.
2. Complete a square for something *top secret* (I will reveal later!)
3. Complete another baby gift set (College Roommate due in Fall).
4. Washcloth (or 2) for a Swap (Summer of Yarn, or also SP12 too if I have time).
5. Start my first shawl. (Notice the key word, start) (Forest Canopy Shawl, Simple Lace Shawl).

6. Work on some more projects that have been OTN far too long.


Recently Off the Needles: I casted on for a Bib 'O Love on Friday morning last week while I was sitting on the sidewalk waiting for Kenny on the Today Show. I casted off in the car ride home. Super quick knit. Need to weave ends and find a button. Will post photos ASAP. Planning on more Bib's or also Burp Cloths from Mason Dixon book. Too many babies are coming... and soon.

Darcy over at Darcy's Knotty Knitter is holding a 200th post Blog Party contest. She's got a ton of awesome prizes. Stop on by and don't forget to mention who sent you!

Also, those of you waiting for my Blogoversary contest... it IS coming! I had to wait until I had the chance to get to the YS for a prize! I think it's going to be turning into a hybrid Blogoversary/100th post contest. Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

Judy Brutz said...

Pony
I will be happy to enter Darcy's Knotty Knitter Drawing and to say that I learned about it from your blog.
Judy

Nichole said...

can't wait to see your multitasking package!

Shannon said...

Mmmm...frozen Margaritas. I like those any time of the year.

I don't think your knitting goals are too ambitious....can't wait to see which shawl you start. I've yet to try lace, it's on my to do list for this year.