Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love Swap Q & A

Summer of Yarn Love Swap Q & A
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? Knit, 3+ years now. No crochet... yet.
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning? Nope
3. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? I love working with Malabrigo. I also enjoy various cottons, mohair, wool/silk, haven't found anything I don't really like yet.
4. What are your favorite colors?What are your least favorite colors? Love: Yellow, blue and pink. Dislike a lot of purples.
5. Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have? Not that I know of :) I'm always up for trying something that someone else can't live without!
6. What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I made one hat,
(amanda hat), and really enjoyed it. I also made a wrap (Wisp) and plan to make a shawl. (Although this one ended up being smaller and more like a scarf.) I have enjoyed making mittens, washcloths, and scarves so far... Thinking about socks or a sweater sometime soon.
7. What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer? Currently trying to knock out the high amount of almost finished WIP's I have hanging around. I keep starting new projects in between finishing the old WIP's. Currently I'm tackling my
airy scarf, and eye pillow. Last week I finished a washcloth for Spring Fling Swap. Want to finish my mom's mitts soon also. Thinking about casting on a washcloth or baby item inbetween.
8. What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.) Don't have too many projects so I don't feel like I have a "favorite" yet. I really loved
making my Wisp. It was my first lace project and I loved the mohair. Even though it was simple, I still enjoyed making it. Liked it so much I have some Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud to make another one. At this point, if I'm willing to make something again, I'd call it a favorite.


9. What is your oldest UFO? Clogs (OCS... one clog syndrome)
10. Are there any techniques that you want to learn? magic loop (understand it,
have the book, but want to apply it to a project such as socks), try toe up socks, maybe try two at a time socks.
11. Are you on Ravlery? What's your ID? yes, ponyknit
12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? not yet... I am a size 8. I have my measurements somewhere... will edit this post once I find them.
13. Do you collect anything? Yes, I have a fair amount of books ranging from horseback riding/instruction to cooking/baking to animal rights to various "fun" novels and of course Knitting books. I collect Miles Davis books and music. (I became obsessed with him and Jazz when I played flute and trumpet and sang during high school.) I also collect the little shell "animals" that touristy shops sell everywhere. I have probably 6 different animals from my travels. It's sort of an "incidental" collection, I can't stop myself from buying them when I see new animals. I also have a collection of
Painted Ponies.
14. Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift? Looking to buy a winder ASAP. Can't handle winding by hand anymore! (Also I am really OCD about yarn balls and love center pull balls.) I imagine once I have a winder I'll naturally put a swift on my want list.
15. Do you love sweets? What are your favorites? Yes! Chocolate such as Dove, snickers etc. Gummi's such as gummi bears, swedish fish, twizzlers etc.
16. What are your favorite scents? Rose, lavender. Like clean/fresh scents. Dislike pine scented stuff.
17. Where do you keep your needles/hooks? Knitpicks Options in their own binder/pockets. Straight needles in
a roll. (Gifted from Christmas swap)
18. Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?) Yes,
Amazon.
19. Having a birthday this summer? Yes, June 3rd.
20. Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know! Any lotions with a lot of additives (i.e. glitter.) I can use most anything from bath and body works (minus glitter), but I react horribly to Oil of Olay or harsh laundry detergents. (Haven't been able to nail it down.)

New Swap: Registered for SP12 (Signed up for new lower $ option due to the other swaps I registered for while waiting for SP12 to happen.)

OTN: Shimmer Eye Pillow, Mom's Flip-top Mitts, airy scarf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the model for your Wisp project!

Your Ravelry 9-5 Spoiler

Criquette said...

The Spring Fling Coffee package came today! I love it! Thanks so much! I hope to have it posted by tomorrow night at the latest.