Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stitch 'n Pitch, Springtime Loot and a FO

This weekend I went to my first Stitch 'N Pitch at the PawSox in RI. I took a blogless friend (a muggle) and we had a great time, despite the frigid weather! I didn't take any pics. She did, if I get some of her pics I'll post them later.

These days, my postman has been doing well, despite our previous history, yesterday I got TWO packages in the same day!

I received my Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap package. I've totally been spoiled by Gretchen! I got a package full to the brim with sunshine and spring! I got an awesome travel mug, Starbucks coffee, the knit knack kit, two skeins of Merino 5, three bars of yummy chocolate, a cute nail file, flower notecards, spring magnetic notepad, a flower pouch, and some Forget Me Not blooms in a bag.
The knit knack kit was sitting on my Amazon wishlist for a while, until it went unavailable. I had my eyes on these mittens, booties and hat. Adorable!
Look at the beautiful color! I haven't tried this yarn before, I can't wait!
Thanks Gretchen! I love everything! Can't wait to start growing my blooms in a bag! I love flowers! I haven't seen these before. They're really neat!
Then, I opened the second package, my Spring Stitch Marker Swap package. Shirley out did herself! She not only sent me some lovely yellow stitch markers, but a beautiful pouch to keep my stitch markers in, a postcard, magnet and treats from San Francisco!
Here's a closer look at the lovely stitch markers. Thanks Shirley!
FO: Finally, a FO! Sent off to my downstream Spring Fling Swap partner.

Pattern: Speckled Washcloth by Kerri Andrews
Weapons: US 9
Yarn: S.R. Kertzer CoolSpun Cotton Ombres
Start/Finish: April 27th (casted on at Yarn Harlot)/May 11th 2008
For: Spring Fling swap downstream partner

Casted on at Yarn Harlot. Initially I wasn't sure how much I liked the pattern with this yarn. Ended up alternating FS, and making the washcloth more reversible. This also proved to make it a more interesting knit, by staggering the YO rows. I added in an extra K5 * P * K5 row after each repeat.

It ended up being a very wide washcloth, next time I would cast on less stitches. It was a quick knit on size 9 needles, I just focused on the Amanda hat when I had time instead.

Coming soon: Pic of one set of the three stitch markers I sent out for both swaps. I didn't want to put them in my post in fear that I'd ruin the surprise for my spring stitch marker partners (not secret swap like spring fling) before they got their packages!

New Swaps: Not sure if I already mentioned that I signed up for the Make It Through the Day Swap on Ravelry. (Sorry signups closed yesterday I believe) I also signed up for another swap. I have been waiting and waiting for SP12 to come, and this seemed very similar. Stop by, still time to sign up! I will be posting my Q&A soon.

3 comments:

gretchenstitches said...

Hello! Glad you liked your package. I was going to email you to let you know that it was on its way, but it beat me to it! I had fun putting it together! Enjoy!
--Gretchen

Nichole said...

Great swap package! Can't wait to hear what that yarn is like to knit with!

Rebecca said...

your package looks lovely! i miss the bounty of swaps. but i don't miss the deadlines and compilation of it all. oh, it was lots of fun, for a while, but then i entered too many swaps and got bogged down.