Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dusty and Amanda sitting in a tree...

What's this? Amanda?

Amanda who?
OH Dusty you've found my latest FO, an Amanda Hat.


Pattern: The Amanda Hat by Gina House.
Weapons: US 9 circulars
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted, Vermillion
Start/Finish: March 31- May 2nd 2008
For: Me

Notes: Perfect for a first hat pattern! (It was my first) Really quick knit, just didn’t have the time to sit down with it for more than one repeat at a time! Fun pattern, I see more in the future.

The circumference was a perfect fit for me. I used the recommended needle and got the recommended gauge. Length worked out well with these modifications, it covers my ears, but with not too much to spare. If making another one for me, I might make it a tad longer.

Modifications: After reading about other people’s experiences I was worried that it would be too tall. I omitted the final garter stitch rows. Also, I used some decrease modifications from NinaKnits.

Increased decrease rows at the top as follows:
ROW 10: K
ROW 11: K2tog around row - 12 stitches
ROW 12: K2tog around row - 6 stitches

I also continued with decreases over 2 more rows;
Row 13: K
Row 14: K2tog (3 sts)

Spring Fling Swap Topic #6

We'll go free form this week - Post about your WIPs, post about your package, post about the weather where you are - just be sure to include that the post is for the Spring Fling Weekly Topic somewhere inside it when you tell us it's there! I'd love to hear how folks are enjoying the goodies they received, if they have, or how much fun you had shopping for your pal!

Here's some info about my newest WIP, no package for me yet. I had a last minute change in downstream partner and will be mailing my package out soon. (with or without speckled is the question! I'm already planning on making some stitch markers to meet the "homemade" requirement.)

WIP: Here's a pic of Speckled. I have been intending it for my Spring Fling swap partner. Not sure if I like it. We'll see. It's in CoolSpun Cotton. My first time working with it. I can't say it's very different from P&C or S&C but to me it seems more splitty. I really love the colors!

4 comments:

Renna said...

I LOVE the Amanda hat you knit! I think I'll have to hop on over to Ravelry and put that in my queue!

Darcy knotty Knitter said...

I think it is pretty spring:)Hugs Darcy

Megan said...

Amanda looks great!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love your Amanda! I made one in Malabrigo and sometimes I just pet it;)