Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tagged! and Spring Fling Topic #3

I've been Tagged! by Mary
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.

1. I hate the color purple, except I end up buying purple things every now and then. This annoys me, yet I continue to do it. My purchases are things I give away as gifts. (Purple Purl scarf, beads to make stitch markers, etc.) A lot of my friends or swap partners end up being into purple.
2. I am pretty much always barefoot when I am at home. I think it helps me keep my floors super clean because I hate stepping on anything crunchy.
3. See #2, but I love shoes! I guess that gives me plenty of choices for when I need to put on shoes and go somewhere!
4. My parents cat is named Dusty. My horse is named Dee, and my dog is named Daizzy. What is up with this "D" trend? (In Dusty's defense, he was first.)
5. Here's another trend. Currently all of my pets are Grey. I've posted pics of Dusty. Dee is what we call Rose Grey. She has a bit of brown mixed into her grey. And Daizzy is a blue merle.
6. I currently have 286 feeds on my bloglines. Maybe that's why I keep falling behind? I'm tagging Moriah, Megan, and Nichole.

This week's topic:
Tell us how you started drinking coffee. Were you in high school or college and making it through all nighters? Did you get it from a family member? What drives your love of the bean? I started drinking coffee in high school. I couldn't handle any coffee without plenty of cream and sugar, but I liked how it smelled and that it woke me up early in the AM after staying up all night studying. I think I started with iced coffee in warm weather from Dunking Donuts. (I imagine there are some other New Englanders with me on that.) Gradually I got into hot coffee too. (The warmth of hot coffee during cold New England weather is another reason I'm hooked.) Since grad school I'm unable to drink it with any sugar. I like mine with just a dash of skim milk. For me it was definitely an acquired taste. My love of the bean started with the caffeine perk and smell, and now I love the flavor too.

WIP: Amanda hat. Hope to post pics really soon.

1 comment:

Renna said...

I received the beautiful stitch markers you sent me. I LOVE them! I can always use a cute pencil with ponies on it, too. ;-)

Thank you so very much. :-)