Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring Updates and Spring Fling Topic #4

Few Updates;
New Project Spectrum started April 1st. This one is:
APRIL / MAY - EARTH - green, brown, metallics
The previous Element projects need to be completed! I have two projects.
1. My Amanda Hat is almost done! (Sorry the pic is sooo bright! I'll try for natural light next time!)
2. I really need to finish the last few rows of my Shimmer Eye Pillow. I also need to pick up some lining to get it finished.

Harlot is this weekend! Anyone else going??? It's awesome because the YH will be physically AT Webs, (Webs, as I'm sure many others agree, is the knitting mecca. It just seems right for the Yarn Harlot to be there.) Plus, a bonus is that I will finally get a chance to see their new bead store! Maybe I'll find something neat for my stitch marker stash, or for some upcoming swaps! I have the Spring Stitch Marker Exchange Swap and the Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap. I also have my first Blogoversary coming up...

Spring Fling Topic #4
Let's pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don't have to work so time is unlimited! It's Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you'd be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze?
I love gardening! I would have a good mix of different Tomatoes, broccoli, green beans, cucumbers and etc. I would have a bunch of different herbs like basil, oregano, peppermint, rosemary, thyme, and chives. I also love flowers. I have always had several types of roses growing and I also love sunflowers. I would edge my garden with them or use them to line a fence. After everything was planted, I would find the time to sit out and knit and enjoy the flowers and vegetables!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been thinking of an Amanda hat in mmmmmalibrago...yours looks great!

Anne said...

My mom loved having Sunflowers in our yard too - they'd do small flowers and/or veggie garden, and MAN did some of those suckers ever get TALL!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I love gardening, too... sounds like yours would be beautiful!

Nichole said...

Once again, I'll be missing Steph... ah well, racing calls! LOL
Amanda is coming along great!