Monday, April 7, 2008

Contest Wrap Up and Spring Fling Topic #2

The prizes are all packaged and ready to be dropped in the mail tomorrow AM. I thought I'd gather the projects that were mentioned in the entries to inspire with some malabrigo hanging around in their stash, or provide a reason to go out and get some malabrigo. :) I also saw that many of you hadn't had the chance to work with it yet, this just may be the push you need to try it yourself. There are some great project suggestions! (Ravelry links, sorry if your not in yet, you should join!)

Here's some of the things people who entered my contest made with their malabrigo during Malabrigo March:

Tudora
Calorimetry
Urchin hat
Koolhaas
Amanda Hat
A Shrug
Toy Octopus
Capitan
A better bucket hat
Talia This one is a guess... not sure which pattern the person used.
Lace wrap (Lace weight)

Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap Topic #2
Since some of us is beginning to see glimpse of Spring, while others are still getting snow have you change what projects are working on? Have you put away the hats, scarfs and mittens, and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps? Have you change yarn to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

I haven't changed what I'm knitting yet, and the fact that I live in MA probably has a lot to do with it. We had weather in the 70's yesterday and there's a possibility of us getting snow on Monday! I'm currently working on an Amanda Hat and my Mom's Flip Top Mittens. Another reason why I'm still knitting "wintry" things is because I haven't had much knitting time lately and they're still on the needles! Once they are completed, I anticipate "lighter" knits OTN.
One exception may be some mittens or something for charity through Stitch 'N Pitch that I have coming up. On the other hand, I have been working on an eye pillow in Knitpick's Shimmer. It was sort of my way to get some soft and light knitting started in the rotation.

OTN: Amanda hat (Pic's coming soon promise!)
Second of Mom's Flip Top Mitts (One mitt portion completed)
Shimmer Eye Pillow (Knitting portion almost done)

No comments: