Monday, March 10, 2008

Stitch Marker Angel, Shopping, and WIP's

I participated in the Winter Swap at the Stitch Marker Exchange and did not recieve one set of markers. Catherine came to the rescue and sent me an awesome angel package! Not only did I get some beautiful markers, but she also sent me some chocolate and tea. Thanks, you were a great angel Catherine!
Here's a close up...
On Sunday I spotted a fairly local new yarn store. I stopped by to check it out. The store was pretty well stocked and had a huge needle section with a lot of tools. I was quite impressed! I got some US 6 (4mm) 5" Brittany DPN's. They are birch and have a 5 year guarranty. They are the perfect length for my current WIP. Also, I loved the color and softness of this Laines Du Nord Kiddy Prints. (Mmmm Mohair) It's a big skein weighing in at 231 yd./50g skein.
WIP: I casted on some Cascade 200 for Urban Necessity Gloves by Colleen Meager a while ago. (Non-Ravelers; the free patt. is available on MagKnits.) They had been sitting in my queue since before Christmas as a gift for my Mom. It was about time to pick it back up and make some progress! (They're more of a burgandy color, picture is not quite right)

No comments: