Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Stitch Markers, Another Swap, WIPs

I participated in another stitch marker swap. This one was a Winter Blue's swap held by a Yahoo group. Thanks Danielle, they're beautiful
WIP: I have been on a roll with my Mom's Flip-Top Mitts. I will be casting on for the second one and then making the caps afterward.

Something I couldn't upload for a previous post, here's some Project Spectrum knitting.
Another Swap Questionnaire!
Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap. Sign ups open March 20th.
I participated in a coffee/yarn swap this winter and enjoyed it, so here it goes...

Coffee
1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? Either, Whole beans are nice, but I often end up buying ground.

2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? Medium to rich/bold works for me. I dislike decaf or flavored coffees. Anything that is a roast or traditional flavor is what I like.

3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? I drink a lot of Maxwell house (Bold) because of habit, I would switch if I really liked something else.

4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Both

5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? No thanks. (I take my coffee with skim milk only)

6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? Either

7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! A cup that doesn't get cold (I have the tendency to drink while doing stuff and typically it gets too cold to finish) The best cup would be had while relaxing and knitting or reading.

8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Depends on the day, I like the occasional treat of biscotti or chocolate with my cup of coffee. Often I have my coffee with breakfast and it can be a granola bar or bagel with cream cheese.


Yarn
1. Do you knit or crochet? Knit. I'm sure I'll work on crochet sometime.

2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? Wool, mohair...

3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? For once I have several projects that I keep rotating between, but basically I've been working on Mom's Flip-Top Mittens (Urban Necessity Gloves) and a Shimmer eye pillow.

4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash? My favorite colors are blue, yellow and pink. I dislike most purples but I end up stashing some it inevitably, so I guess I can say I like some shades or combinations of purples.

5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest? I have several bamboo straights and DPN's, the Knitpicks options circular kit (nickel). I have one pair of Knitpicks Harmony tips (bamboo). A few bamboo and several plastic circulars and I just recently bought a pair of Birch DPN's. I find some needles are better for specific projects and yarn than others. I have not found anything that I detest yet.

6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? Not really. I'm always interested to try something new that another knitter finds useful.

7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? The soft worsted weight wool Malabrigo hands down. Cotton/viscose blend may be good competition if seen in person.

Spring
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? Haha NO! It snowed yesterday morning.

2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? Tulips = spring to me.

3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? Longer days and warmer weather.

4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Head out to the barn.

5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up? Stay in and knit and cook or bake something delicious.


Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? Stitch Markers. I have participated in several swaps and enjoy making them.

2. Are you allergic to anything? Not anything specifically, but any heavily fragranced/dyed lotion.

3. Do you have pets? Yes a horse, named Dee and a smooth Collie, named Daizzy.

4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? I've participated in several swaps (see sidebar) . Last two would most likely be Winter Doldrum Dishcloth swap and the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap. Currently, I'm participating in the Red Sox Spring Training Swap (On ravelry).

5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.

Hard to pick 3, I'll pick the first three that come to my mind:
1. No Knit Sherlock Susan always has something beautiful OTN and it's usually something new and fresh that I am curious about.
2. Knitspot Anne always has a beautiful shawl OTN.
3. Shut up, I'm Counting Cass is a laugh riot, between her daily musings with her job or homeschooling , or her current knitting conundrums, she keeps me laughing.



1 comment:

Nichole said...

I can't wait for the coffee swap!