Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter Doldrum FO's and Project Spectrum WIP

As I posted last time, I finished my Snowflake llusion Washcloth for my partner. Here's a few pics.

Snowflake Illusion Dishcloth
Pattern: From my Monthly Dishcloth Yahoo group (in Database)

Weapons: Size 6 Knitpicks Circulars
Yarn: Knitpicks Cotlin (Navy) and Peaches 'N Cream (bright blue)

Started/Finished: 2/13-2/18/08

Recipient: Winter Doldrums Swap downstream partner



Notes: Should have considered using double stranded CotLin. Thankfully, the Illusion is still visible. Pattern was fun and quick. I love snowflakes, I will most likely do another one of these at some point. First time using Cotlin.








Tribble I and II


Pattern: Tribble by Abigail at 1870 Pearl
Weapons: Size 6 Knitpicks Circulars
Yarn: Leftover from Snowflake Illusion Dishcloth
Started/Finished: 2/20-2/21/08
Recipient: Winter Doldrums Swap downstream partner

I had over half a skein of each yarn remaining from the dishcloth and I thought Tribbles were so cute, so I casted on to make one. First one was a great way to use up leftover cotton. I ended up casting on for the second one the same day and got it done in under 2 hours with a few distractions. I guess they’re THAT addicting, and cute too!

Notes: I had read on Ravelry that you need to make sure both yarn tails are on the same side when you complete casting off. That was a good tip and saved me some aggravation with finishing.
Blogger is being annoying and not letting me post a closer look at Tribble I and II.

Also, I casted on something that was sitting in my Queue which was Project Spectrum worthy, but Blogger apparently doesn't feel that way, and is being stubborn.
It fits the theme for February / March FIRE; orange, red, pink
If your interested, take a peek at my Project Spectrum WIP pic on Flickr. Hopefully Blogger will cooperate next time, and I'll post it then ;)

1 comment:

Gnat said...

That looks awesome!!