Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Survived the Forks and Defeat the Doldrum's #4

Back from Snowmobiling, it was a great time! I'm hooked! We had great weather and fresh powder to ride on over beautifully groomed trails in The Forks Maine. I got in some time on my So Called Scarf and also I started my Defeat the Doldrums downstream partners Dishcloth. It's a snowflake in illusion knitting. I enjoyed making the illusion scarf last time so I thought this would be fun. I am working with P&C (bright blue) and also Knitpick's Cotlin (navy). I should have considered using a double strand of the Cotlin, but it seems to be working out ok.


socalledscarfWIP2
Originally uploaded by ponyknit



swapdishclothwip
Originally uploaded by ponyknit
Topic #4
" Defeat the Winter Doldrums" for some of us we get the doldrums and others don't. For the ones who get doldrums what helps you get rid of them? For the ones who don't get the doldrums, what helps you keep them away?
I don't usually get the Winter Doldrums. My advice to everyone around me who is afraid to get the Doldrums is to get into something that is a winter hobby. Whether it is skiing, sledding, ice climbing, snowmobiling or etc. Find a winter hobby, or in my case, several winter hobbies to keep yourself liking winter.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Does winter couch potato count? lol