Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Doldrums Weekly Topic and Contests!

First Defeat the Winter Doldrums Weekly Topic:
Dishrag. Dishcloth. Face cloth. I've seen folks get all fired up in forums when someone refers to their knit or crochet creation as a dishrag, as that's somehow offensive to them!
When you're working on yours, what do you call them?
Is there a difference between a dishrag and a dishcloth? How bout a facecloth?
Are they all really the same thing?
I actually had issues when I first knitted what I thought was going to be something used on your face or body. I couldn't call it a dishcloth, it didn't seem right. I finally settled on facecloth. When I saw the name dishrag or dishcloth, I thought about the kitchen and dirty dishes or counters. For kitchen-type cloths I use the term dishcloth more often than not until I participated in Dishrag Tag this summer. (Anyone know of another one taking place? It was so fun! I'd love to do it again!) When naming my new project I felt I needed to make a separation for the cloths you use in the kitchen and the cloths you use in the bathroom. Personally, I don't think there is a difference between dishrag and dishcloth for me. I do feel that facecloth is something for your face or body, and that dishcloths belong in the kitchen. However, I do not mind which use a gifted cloth gets when it is a gift from me, as long as it is being used and enjoyed.

18-0, one more to go!!! GO PATS!!!
It is great to be a Boston Girl!
Too bad we're going to have to do a bit of beating on Manning in the Super bowl... Right Nichole? (She also has a cute joke on her post) :)




Contests:
Hop on over to mariknits and enter her 100th post contest. Deadline: Tonight! (Jan. 21st midnight)
Also, Cass at Shut Up I'm Counting is holding a #444 contest. Deadline: Jan 27th

Please let Mari or Cass know ponyknit sent ya, and if I win it will mean that we both win something! (Hey, sharing is caring right?)

Fun Quiz, found on Mommy + Knitter:






What kind of yarn are you?




You are Dishcloth Cotton.You are a very hard worker, most at home when you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Let's go boys...... 1 more to equal perfection, right?
I've yet to wear my "16 and 0" long sleeve t-shirt, maybe secretly thinking it'll be soon replaced with the 19 and 0? LOL

Moriah said...

You've been tagged!! See my blog for details!