Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Winter Doldrums Weekly Topic #2 and My First Meme!

This Weeks Topic:
There are many people who ADORE receiving hand-knit or crochet items; but there are just as many who have no appreciation whatever of how much love, work, and time goes into a hand-made item. Share a story of a hand-made gift you gave to someone and how it worked out - good, bad, or ugly!


I'm a fairly new knitter and gifter, so I can't say I've had an ugly story yet... I have seen how appreciative my good friend was with her Purple Purl Scarf. (that is a Ravelry link, here's where I posted about the FO here.) After spending the weekend with her last week, I found out how happy she was with it. She has been commuting back and forth from NH to MA and she has brought her scarf back and forth with her! She is not a knitter, and it is nice to see how much she appreciates the gift. I did not take a long time to select the pattern, when I was browsing Last-Minute Knitted Gifts I knew that I needed to make that one for her. I put a fair amount of thought into which yarns I wanted for the scarf, to get the desired look and color purple with multiple yarns held together throughout, and I was happy with the finished product. The Malabrigo and Kidsilk were perfect together! I am glad that my gift came out as I wanted it to, but I'm more pleased that she likes it and is using it! Her mom has already requested that I teach her how to knit sometime!

I've been tagged! YAY! Moriah tagged me for her first 7 Random Things Meme, this is also my first one!

Here are the rules, and they must be posted to your blog. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you (see above). List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog and also so they can look at your blog and not tag the same people all over again!

My 7 Random Things:
1) I had 13 baby teeth pulled (not all at once) when I was growing up
2) I used to have hair long enough that I would sit on it in elementary school
3) I have one older brother (6 years). One time that came in handy was when I was moved up to the "big" kid school in 6th grade and he was a Senior ;) (It may also help that he is 6' 4")
4) I was almost named Victoria.
5) I was named Alicia after a sign my parents saw on the way to my C-section appt.
6) My middle name was chosen after my grandmothers first name.
7) I chose my horses name off of the name I gave my great-aunt when I was little. Her name was Grace and somehow I arrived at calling her D.D.

I am tagging:
Nichole
Rachel
Bekka
KT
HapaGirl
Jennifer
Maggii

GO PATS!!!

Couldn't help myself with this one. Good ole' New Englanders, we keep loving the Pats, Sox, and whoever beats NY ;)
Hopefully actual knitting content to post next time!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Go Pats!!!
I've been tagged a couple times now this week, will have to post 7 things soon, lol... I did this about a year ago too, ha ha