Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Going... Going...

Gone!
The Purple Purl Scarf grew significantly over the Holiday. It was off the needles and blocked the weekend after Christmas. This project was a quick knit on such large needles, (US 17) too bad I haven't had the time to actually stay put and knit it!



purpleall
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

purplefringe2
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

Pattern: Purl Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Weapons: US 17
Yarn: 2 Skeins Worsted Malabrigo (Velvet Grapes 20-04-07) and 1 Skein Rowan Kidsilk spray (shade 574) (N.B. Fair amount remaining from both skeins of Malabrigo and Kidsilk)
Size Pre-blocked: 48" x 5"
Post Blocking: grew 9" (57" x 5")
Start/Finish: December 2007
Gifted: Friend for (belated) Christmas/B-Day gift

Notes: Casted on with size 13's and too tight gauge. Casted on again with 17's. Also CO 18 sts (up from 16) called for in pattern.

Quick project! Plenty of yarn left over. I could have made it longer but I felt the recipient would prefer this length.

Fringe: I made 12" pieces (6" when tied in 1/2) instead of 16" the pattern called for because I had made the scarf a bit shorter than the pattern, I felt 6" fringe would be just right. I had never "fringed" before, it was as simple as anticipated with a crochet hook.


Airy Scarf has grown since it was last posted, but it took a little break while I finished the Purple Purl Scarf.

airyprogress
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

Speaking of Christmas, LOOK at what Moriah made for me for Christmas! I guess it's a good thing for me that she can knit and take notes in class at the same time, otherwise I don't know what "free" time a med student would have for knitting gifts! :) The color is so perfect for me, I love blue! The fingerless mitts fit perfectly and together they make such a cute set with the scarf. Good thing we're getting some super cold weather out here for me to wear them. Here's for hoping for more snow! ;) (I know, I'm such a New Englander) Thanks Moriah! I love them!



moriahsgift
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

mittscloseup2
Originally uploaded by ponyknit


Swap Updates
Christmas Around the World swap downstream package was received before Christmas (YAY! I hope you liked everything!)

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Package is on it's way to my downstream partner, I am waiting for mine :)

To Do: 3 sets of Stitch Marker's need to be made for the Winter Stitch Marker Swap

OTN: Airy Scarf and I'm casting on for a belated Christmas Gift, Urban Necessity Gloves in Cascade 220.

P.S. Yeah PATS, let's go all the way!!! I agree Nichole, It sure is great to be a Boston girl!

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Let's go Pats!!!
Love the mitts and the scarf is gorgeous!

Megan said...

So YOU'RE the one who requested this inhuman weather.

Pooch said...

The purple scarf is magnificent! Glorious color and looks so nice to snuggle into.

:)

Yarn Sniper said...

I got your...well, my package and have posted on my blog. THANK YOU :) My daughter and I are enjoying it!

Dorothy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! The shrug is the first actual clothing item I've knit for myself, so I'm proud that it occurred to me to check out the pattern against my height!

The purl scarf is GORGEOUS!