Monday, November 26, 2007

Yarn Cake and Mud Pie

Now that I'm recovering from 4 days off from work and the holiday... I should be back to speed with my posting and hopefully overtime with my knitting! I have finished dad's scarf, I will be blocking tonight. I have barely been home long enough to block since I finished it on Wed!
On Friday I went to visit (blog-free) Enid with the lovely Moriah. We had too much fun winding her yarn into cakes, I now really need to invest in a winder. I thought I had upgraded with the Nostepinde that I won, but when you have a lot of winding to do a winder is sooo worth it. Yes, I love the old-school beauty of the Nostepinde, but when I have multiple hanks to wind, I'll be calling up Enid, or better yet, buying my own winder thank-you-very-much. I also casted on for the next gift on my list, the Purl Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Joelle Hoverson). I thought a US size 13 would work, but my gauge turned out to be too tight and I will need to pick up some bigger needles.

Also, here's a cute idea that I found last week for a homemade Thanksgiving... On The Purl Bee Whit's Knits Felted Thanksgiving Knit. It's totally going on my list for NEXT year.

Quick Quiz; Couldn't resist... Can you?

You Are Mud Pie

You're the perfect combo of flavor and depth.
You are overpowering and dominant - and that's what people like about you.
You bring energy and a new direction to most interactions.
People crave you in a serious way. You're that important to them.

Those who like you give into their impulses.
You don't represent reason. You represent pure temptation.
People get addicted to you rather easily.
You offer people a dark side that is very hard to resist.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

i was apple pie. not so sure about that result. may have to take it again!

You're the perfect combo of comforting and traditional.
You prefer things the way you've always known them.
You'll admit that you're old fashioned, and you don't see anything wrong with that.
Your tastes and preferences are classic. And classic never goes out of style.

Those who like you crave security.
People can rely on you to be true to yourself - and true to them.
You're loyal, trustworthy, and comfortable in your own skin.
And because of these qualities, you've definitely earned a lot of respect.

Nichole said...

A winder is a must!!! Add a swift to your wish list too!