Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One scarf, two scarves, three...

Some FO Pic's of Dad's Scarf while it's blocking and straightening...


scarf2
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

Pattern: Multi-directional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer
Yarn: Paton's SWS in Natural Blues, used under 3 skeins
Weapons: US9 Knitpicks' circular's
Start: October 2007
Finish: November 2007


airy2
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

I casted on for Airy Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson on Friday over the holiday. I had picked up some Crystal Palace Kid Merino from morethanyarn.com a few weeks ago and I thought it would be the perfect gift. I had initially thought of making the Gossamer Shell Scarf from One Skein Wonders for this recipient, but I changed my mind when I saw this pattern. I have two skeins of this Crystal Palace Kid Merino, and the pattern states that one skein makes two scarves, so I may be making more Airy Scarves, a Gossamer Shell Scarf, or something else afterward. A solid color would be better to use for this pattern, but I like the flowing pattern and varied colors. I could use one needle size smaller (US10) instead of the 10 1/2 that I'm using, but I wanted to use Bamboo's and I do not have any in a size 10.


airy1
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

those airy scarves are so much fun. i knitted a half dozen or so one year as holiday gifts.

Dipsy Doodle said...

You're doing such beautiful work there! The scarf for your father is absolutely gorgeous, especially in that colorway that you chose - and I can't wait to see more of the new one you cast on for! Happy Knitting!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com