Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mail x 2

OK, so maybe I said something not so nice about the mailman. Maybe he still thought that I was moving from my new address into my old address (see this post) well, he DID let me know that I had a package waiting for me at the post office. (Maybe they were flipping a coin as to where they would deliver it today haha) BUT, I got TWO packages!

First Package: The long awaited Knitters Virtual Vacation swap package! My partner, who I knew as "FiberWho," had notified me that I would be getting my package later, and she definitely made the wait worth it! LOOK at my "Virtual Vacation" to Bakersfield California!

vv3all
Originally uploaded by ponyknit
She sent me not 1, but 2 baskets of touristy goodness. Because sending fresh produce would have been complicated, she sent me dried local products, (dried fruit, roasted garlic, bell peppers and onion) and a jar of fresh Honey with recipes to try. She included a dog biscuit making kit for the dogs, how thoughtful! (I'm sure they'll be thanking her later, they love peanut butter.)

vv1
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

The second basket had a box of Peanut Butter Chews (delicious!) and a Dwight Yoakam CD (How did she know I love country?) featuring his hit "Streets of Bakersfield." Last but not least, was 5 skeins of Cornucopia Kollage yarn. It is 100% Corn. It is so incredibly soft, and I think I may use the pattern that she included for a market bag. She sent me my favorite colors; blue, yellow and pink. Thanks again Karen! I had a great time visiting Bakersfield, CA!

vv2yarn
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

The Second package was a prize from Holl Yarn's stash bust contest. She sent me the Alpaca Cloud (in Autumn) that she showed in the contest (yummy colorway), beautiful handmade stitch markers (difficult to photograph) and much more! A skein of Knitpicks Ambrosia (Petal), 2 skeins Lara (cotton), and some Sugar 'N Cream (Strawberry). Thank you so much Holly! I hope your new job is going well!


holl2alpaca
Originally uploaded by ponyknit


holl6all
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

holl7stitchmark
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

Also, a WIP pic of "dad's scarf" is coming, Flickr didn't want to upload the pic tonight.


1 comment:

Nichole said...

Lots of goodyness... can't wait to hear how the corn yarn knits up!