Friday, September 14, 2007

Shhh... she's blocking


0709Wisplong
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

Shhhhh She's been drying for 2 days now. I guess she's getting back at me for taking so long to finish her. I think tonight when I get home she will be freed from the board and I can weave in the last few ends. I ended up with a smaller Wisp than I would have liked because I followed the needle size that was called for in the pattern and my gauge was tighter. Being my first lace project I was just happy to be getting the YO's and continuing with the pattern. This will most likely end up being just a wide scarf. I intend to make another one, with a larger gauge. I will hold onto my buttons until I finish the next one. (I already ordered the yarn from Knitpicks when I was ordering the KnitPicks Options Interchangeable set that I've been eyeing for far TOO long. I also picked up some goodies for my SP11 spoilee and I had to try a pair of the Harmony Interchangeable Tips that just came out.)



0709Wispcloseup
Originally uploaded by ponyknit



0709Lion1
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

In the meantime, I started and finished (minus the "face" portion) one of three* Lion Washcloths that I am making from Knitty by Alice Bell. They are in double stranded Cotton Ease in Terracotta. The pattern is not hard to follow once you understand the Loop stitch repeats. It's easy to get on a roll, but if I knit too long on the cotton it bothers my wrists (Carpal tunnel.) I find that I am working on these cloths in small doses, they're too cute to put down!

*They will be gifted to my (almost) 2 yr. old triplet nephews, hence why I am making three.

5 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

You've been busy! Neat washcloth - and very fun for little ones!

Rachel said...

Wisp is looking great! I found you on Ravelry and added you to my friends. I'm slowly adding stuff in but it's taking me awhile!

Dorothy said...

I'm sure your nephews will love the washcloths! So will their parents - anything to make bathtime more fun!

Megan said...

Triplet 2-year olds - wow.

Mary Lynn said...

Wow! I am impressed with the shawl.

I think you will like the Options Interchangeables. I order a couple and then decided to get the entire set, now I just placed an order for some of the Harmonies.