Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Stitch Markers


markersreceived2
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

I received my first set (of 2) of Stitch Markers from the SME. Abigail of A Kitten Knits sent me these lovely stitch markers and some gifts as well! I got a nice assortment of new teas to try, and a cute knitting card. While I was checking out her blog I saw other beautiful stitch markers and read that she has also sold some before. Thanks Abigail!


markersreceived1
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

I had a lot of fun making two sets to send out to my partners. I will be sending mine out tomorrow, so I will not post pics now and ruin the surprise! It was my first time making stitch markers and pretty much my first time doing bead work. I think next time I will give using head pins a try. This time I used wire. I still have a ton of beads left to play with, and I can't wait to do another swap!

Here's a question that I've had since I made a few sets of stitch markers up myself. How do you store your stitch markers?

Here's another WIP photo of my Lion washcloths. 2 down and 2/3 of last one to go. Pretty pathetic pace, I haven't been knitting at all lately. I guess that mirrors my low posting too, too busy! I hope to get some time in soon. (You may have seen this on my Ravelry already. Ravelry rocks... Yes, I know I owe those of you that are still waiting for invites my comments. Next post!)


Lion WIP
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those markers are way cute! i feel kinda inspired to make my own now. thanks. :o)
~your sp.

Nichole said...

I went on a shopping spree at lunch trying to find some RED cotton, namely Sugar 'n Cream... working on something for my tea swap pal and think I"m going to need to get a 2nd skein and htere's no red to be found... ugh.

Holly of HollYarns said...

Hey Alicia--I haven't forgotten you (re Destash Contest #1), I just have been super swamped at work. By this Saturday, your package shall be mailed--scout's honor!-Holly of HollYarns

Megan said...

Cute! I always seem to miss these stitch marker exchanges. I keep mine in a plastic box with lots of little compartments, I think the box is meant to store beads, but it works well for stitch markers too.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great stitch markers!