Sunday, August 5, 2007

We don't knit for Crack-Ho's...


The Yarn Harlot was AWESOME on Thursday! If you missed the talk (which sadly most of the people I had looked forward to meeting there had circumstances beyond their control change their plans last minute) the title to this post will not make sense. Let me try to bring you to date. Stephanie was even more hilarious in person. We had quite a rowdy crowd including panties flying out of the group (how could you expect less from Mass?) Not only did I get to extend my book collection and get my book signed while meeting Stephanie (signed knitting retail therapy = +3) but I got to spend time with Moriah AND we knit with tons of cool people before/during/after Stephanie's talk on my Wisp. We found ourselves some seats and started knitting before the talk and Jess asked if she and Casey could sit with us. Buttons you ask? Yeah we got em. ;) Yup, Ravelry's creators are as cool in person as they seem online. After her talk there was a question asked to Stephanie and a bit was said from the crowd about giving some knitting as an offering to make peace. Stephanie may have been heard saying that she didn't want to knit for people who would not appreciate such hand knitted items. (AKA Crack-Ho's) haha That definitely was a priceless moment of the night. (Right up there with seeing mounds of panties in front of Stephanie in heaps on the floor.) I REALLY need to get myself a digital camera. I never found the need to own my own, my friends always bring their cameras everywhere, but this time I didn't bring one and neither did Moriah. More retail therapy in the future? Most likely!

Bloglines ROCKS! I spent some time setting mine up today, but I know it will save me much more in time in the future. I added a button on my sidebar, go ahead and add me to your feeds, I'll add you to mine! (Just drop me a comment)

Also for the horsie lovers among us, I had another Dressage show this weekend. Dee and I had a not so good first test and then we had a really good second test and ended up winning the class. We also improved our second tests score from the other two shows that we have competed in this season. Going from last to first place was a nice surprise!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Glad you had fun - sad you didn't have a camera! Isn't bloglines a HUGE time saver???

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm glad you had fun at the Harlot. Thanks for posting about it... I'm so bummed I didn't get to meet you in person. :-(

Girl, you've been in my bloglines... Isn't it awesome?

Moriah said...

Hooray for Harlot! We need to stop being so twinsy...I started my bloglines Saturday! Congrats again on reining in The Pony! *hugs and kisses* We need to get together again soon!