Tuesday, August 7, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

I hope I don't bore everyone else too much, but this one is for my SP. (Feel free to ask any other questions you may have)

Here's my Questionnaire for
SP11:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don't have a favorite yet. I like soft yarn and I like wooly yarn. It depends what I'm making. I do not like 100% acrylic yarn, but I have no problem with a mixed yarn, and it has it's place. I do not like fun fur or eyelash yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Currently, nothing special. I made a friend the needle organizer from Stitch 'N Bitch for last Christmas and purchased the fabric to make one for myself also, but I haven't done it yet. (Waiting to borrow a friends machine so I don't have to sew by hand this time) I am interested in making something for my circulars, (maybe the S N' B holder) I have started to acquire more and I want to find a way to store them.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 2 years. See THIS post. I guess I am past beginner, and somewhere in intermediate. I have done some work with increases/decreases, K2TOG, some cables, YO's. I always like when I pick a new pattern and it has a few new skills for me to pick up along the way.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, amazon. It's newly linked on my sidebar

5. What's your favorite scent? I LOVE lavender. It's sooo relaxing. I also love the smell of fresh roses.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes. I like most sweets. I dislike really dark chocolate (over 70%)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin. I have started doing some small sewing projects. I don't mind sewing by hand but I feel that if I buy myself a little machine I'll be sewing a LOT more. I have a lot of ideas. (tote bags, needle organizers, etc.)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have a love for most music. I love country, top 20, jazz (esp. miles davis), most everything except really heavy metal. I can listen to MP3's in my car.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love yellow and blue. I'm also a pink fan. I have something against purple. I still end up wearing it a lot and sometimes I find myself persuaded to use it or buy clothes that are purple.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I just (this weekend) became single. For the past two years, I lived with my boyfriend and dog. (Moving soon... more details later... still processing.) I also have a horse named Dee. She lives 10 minute away. I may have my Collie live with me, depends where I move (she is currently living with my parents.) Don't think I'll live sans-dog for very long. Sans-boyfriend is another story. haha

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and mittens ALL the time. I wear baseball hats a lot and wool hats or headbands in the winter. I don't have a poncho, but I have considered making myself one.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I can't say I have a favorite, I have enjoyed each project. I enjoy washcloths, mittens, and scarves. I have a few bags on my to-do list.

13. What are you knitting right now? The Wisp from Knitty.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I think each type has it's place. I have a fair amount of bamboo straights in my collection and lately I have been adding both aluminum and plastic circulars to my collection. I am preferring circular over straight these days when I have the option. (Much more portable and easier on my carpal tunnel) I've got my eyes on Knitpicks circulars. I'm using circulars more and more.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I have been eyeing yarn winders lately.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? A baby blanket that I started making squares for right when I started knitting. I was ambitious with such a large first project and I sort of got too many other project ideas to keep plugging along on it.

18. What is your favorite holiday? It would have to be Christmas. I love finding/making just the right gift for someone.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yes, I have a fair amount of books ranging from horseback riding/instruction to cooking/baking to animal rights to various "fun" novels and of course Knitting books. I collect Miles Davis books and music. (I became obsessed with him and Jazz when I played flute and trumpet and sang during high school.) I also collect the little shell "animals" that touristy shops sell everywhere. I have probablly 6 different ones from my travels. It's sort of an "incidental" collection, I can't stop myself from buying them when I see new animals. I'll have to get a pic of them. I also have a collection of "Trail of Painted Ponies." (handpainted horse statues, I linked in case you are curious)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I recently bought several knitting books (can we say retail therapy?) :) Of course I still have my eye on several others. I keep eyeing No Sheep For You. I want to make The Bag. I am trying to decide which magazine to get. I keep swapping between Knit.1 and Knitscene. As far as patterns that I would like, they are in my sidebar (along with the free patterns that I want to knit.) I noted if I have them or need them.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes, nothing in particular. I just really enjoy learning. Off the top of my head: Learning long tail cast on's.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No, maybe some day! In general I am a size 8 but I have a HIGH instep (thanks mom). If I knew what to measure, I would. Feel free to tell me how.

23. When is your birthday? June 3rd

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No... still waiting!
  • You signed up on June 29, 2007
  • You are #11595 on the list.
  • 3508 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 11910 people are behind you in line.
  • 33% of the list has been invited so far

No comments: