Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sorting out...


Moving
Originally uploaded by ponyknit

Sifting through... Packing up....

I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, mentally and physically. For those of you who don't know yet, my boyfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago and we have both moved out of the apartment that we shared (this week.) A lot is going on with my mind: memories, lots of feelings, thoughts of the past (almost) 2 years.

Picking up the pieces...

On the other side of things, a lot is going on with physically with my stuff. I have moved out of the "home" that we made for ourselves, and he has taken the dog. Once I have cleared my head and adjusted to these changes, I feel that this is a new chapter in my life. A new beginning. I just have to find the next door that opens...


Back to School Face Cloths

Originally uploaded by ponyknit

As far as knitting content, here is the gift that I (actually Moriah packed it, but you know what I mean) wrapped up and left for my now ex-boyfriend to gift from me to his sister for her "going away to college gift." I have worked on these face cloths on and off throughout the summer and I really want her to have them. It just wouldn't be right if she went off to my alma mater (x2) without receiving them. I made them for her. (Also, she's a huge country music fan and I had picked up a Kenny Chesney Flip Flop Summer Tour key chain for her when I was at the concert and she couldn't get tickets) So, I swallowed hard and picked out a basket and ribbon to "wrap" them in. Moriah can take all of the assembling credit ;) and hopefully they will reach the intended recipient.

P.S. These pic's are with the new camera!

"When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
-- Alexander Graham Bell

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

your packing pic looks a lot like my living room does right now. except i don't have that beautiful view or windows like that.
i'm sending you lots of love and good energy, among other things to get through these times. i'm in a similar boat.
much love from your secret pal.
ps. camera photos look great!

Moriah said...

Is that after all the stuff we moved over the weekend?!?!?! I love you so much hun. Stay strong...I know you'll come out on the other side of this. And perhaps soon there will be drinking and knitting and much fun...we have to break in your new pad after all:P *HUGS*

Megan said...

Breaking up sucks but it's all for a reason. One summer break during college, my boyfriend broke up with me by simply blowing me off - stopped calling, answering the phone, etc. My boss (who I despised) listened to me go on and on about how I really thought he was the "one", how heartbroken I was, blah, blah, blah & offered me an extra ticket to see Live at Great Woods - I accepted because I really wanted to go the concert. We've been married for almost 5 years now. It all worked out in the end. Keep smiling. The silver lining in this cloud is just waiting to find you.

Nichole said...

{{{hugs}}} to you... sorry to hear he took the dog :(

Moriah said...

*more love and hugs* Feel free to nab the graphic I got it from Google somewhere. I definitely wanted to push my PIF stuff through before med school ate my life/I totally forgot. I dunno if Enid's talked to you at all about Saturday? You'd best email me soon girl:P

fiberwho@gmail.com said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup. Retail therapy helps, as soes knitting, as does friends, as does staying busy. Remember, the best form of revenge is living well. And no, sadly, I haven't gotten off your KVV package- I had a respitory infection for almost 2 weeks and am just now starting to feel "normal", although still a little brain dead. So I apologize, but it will be late, although I promise it will be worthwhile. Just let me know the new address.
Hang in there!

Dorothy said...

If it makes you feel better, I did a lot of breaking up until I met my husband! It's hard, I know, but I believe in the "there's one perfect person out there for everyone" idea.

I love the quote you have - it's so true!