Wednesday, August 8, 2007

PIF

I found this great little swap on Alaina's blog. She's a fellow Team Running Ragged DRT team member! The package is heading to PA and then it's on to me! I better start stalking my mailbox! Anyway, back to PIF: It's based on this gorgeous movie with Helen Hunt in it called 'Pay It Forward'. With all of the things happening to me these days, I thought it was exactly what I needed, something entirely positive.

How many of you out there have had a chance to watch it? O.K. If you're yet to see the movie, this is what the PIF Exchange is all about......

(Copied from Alaina's blog, which was copied from Jodie's blog which was copied from.....you get the picture) "Here is how it works! I'll send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange! I don't know what that gift will be yet, and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week...LOL... but you will receive it within 365 days, that's a promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog..."

So the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog, I can't wait to see who you are! I have some great treats in store for you all, just you wait and see!

5 comments:

Moriah said...

I'm in! Admittedly this will absolutely necessitate your teaching me this mitten/DPN business. This will likely be far more entertaining than knitting eleventy-one baby hats for Children's. *love and hugs* Call me later tonight!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I just linked from Jessi's blog, where I read that in your comment to her you're also a Parrothead! Me too. :-) I would like to join your PIF and I'll make a PIF post on my blog this weekend :-)

Megan said...

A Parrothead and a knitter! I knew I would find the perfect friends with my blog. Count me in too. See you at Gillette in September?

ponyknit said...

Thanks guys, I've actually got 4 people signed up for my PIF, (three of you signed up overnight, I'll call it a tie!) I can't wait to get gift ideas rolling!

Lib said...

I love this idea and am perpetuating it on my own blog - Not Much More Than This.

I am also tracking this through blogs back to the original source. I am thoroughly enjoying the new blogs I am visiting on the way.

My path so far includes:

Found on Life in the Lost World, who found on Just a Flip Flop Mom, who found on Appliqué Today,who found on Cotton Spice Blog, who traced the movement back to roxtarchicknits, who found it on Whimsical Knitting, who says she found it it on Musings from a Knucklehead. Musings links to Knit Tea, Lapdog Creations &The Yarn Closet - not exactly sure where Musings found it, that wasn't clear. I started with Knit Tea, moved on to The Yarn Closet, and then Lapdog Creations where I couldn't find out how to comment. Knit Tea signed up over at
the Bag Lady and the Pro who jumped on the bandwagon when she found it on Days Go By, who found it here.

And so I am off to finish my treasure hunt of sorts :)