Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Knitting is my therapy

...and Retail Therapy involving knitting is TWICE as nice!

I know I'm quite behind in my book collection. I kept telling myself to get some planned projects done from my One Skein Wonders book to justify needing more, but sometimes you just need more motivation and a REALLY hard week on the personal front to induce such purchases. At times I couldn't even focus on knitting (yep, it's that bad), so instead I started planning and purchasing these. (Thankfully I've snuck in a few repeats of my Wisp over the past week and reaped some therapy, but I really need more.)

I'm watching my mailbox for these:
Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson for the SO many great projects!

Mason Dixon Knitting
by the lovely ladies Ann and Kay who were one of my first daily blog reads.

Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick for many great projects also!

To all of the Dish Rag Tagger's: Happy July 31st, let the race begin! (Anyone from Running Ragged please check the forum, I just posted.)
Anyone else starting to get excited about the new contest with Knitters Virtual Vacation? I'm glad that they are running such fun contests while we wait for the swap!
(Hey to FiberWho if you're reading this!)

YAY for Yarn Harlot in two days! I look forward to meeting a bunch of new friends.
(A girl has got to keep herself looking forward to something in a tough time like this, and it's certainly all things knitting these days!)

7 comments:

Moriah said...

*love* I'll be sure to give you enormous almost suffocating hugs when I see you.

Nichole said...

Some great books there -that one skein is one of my faves! I have the Knitted Gifts & Mason Dixon also - great stuff!

Kris said...

I hope the books help you through the tough times.

The dishrag tag schedule is fine with me.

Megan said...

Sorry to hear about your tough week - just two days until Yarn Harlot though, and undoubtly another new book!

Rebecca said...

Last-Minute Knitted Gifts is probably my favorite knitting book of all time. i've made at least half a dozen of those projects. they're all lovely. hope you like it, too!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm sorry I won't get to meet you at the Harlot. Please have fun and post about it!

Angela said...

I'm here participating in the newest KVV contest :o)