Thursday, June 7, 2007

Questionnaire for KVV

I definitely better post this guy... it's the motivation to get my blog up and running, Its my ticket for a vacation :) A virtual vacation... with knitting. How can you go wrong?

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? I'm choosing one I have never been, California. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to ski in shorts!!! And the beaches... must go!

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? Australia. I heard stories and saw pictures growing up from my grandfather who served in Australia. Whenever friends travel there they are instructed to pet a Koala for me (I have numerous photo's as evidence.) I also have extended family out there who have a Kangaroo farm. It would be a great trip!

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes, from Massachusetts to the southern most point (multiple times) Key West Florida. These days I opt to fly, but I did love getting to stop in the different states along the way. The southern hospitality was amazing! (A favorite vacation spot of mine is the Florida Keys.) I have also driven to Canada several times and toured Montreal. It's a great city! (Late edit: Also I have traveled from Massachusetts to Dollywood (in Knoxville Tennessee) when I was really young by motor home)

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Sadly, no. I thought the Bahamas would be exotic, and no, I wasn't a fan. It would be a great stop by in a cruise, but not a good staying-put sort of vacation for me.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Italy. I traveled from Madrid to Rome and to the island of Capri in high school on a bus trip. I have family roots in Calabria and I loved learning about the Italian culture and seeing all of the farmland, history, and people. I would love to go back. I didn't' get to see Venice.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. Yes. I have family friends from both Taiwan and New Zealand. They each loved to do the "New England" thing in the fall and go leaf peeping and apple picking. We also toured Maine and Vermont.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I would say a mix of all three. I really love going to museums. I love the feeling of sand between my toes and the sun on my skin. I also love to discover new things.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I don't have a favorite yet. I like soft yarns for some things, wool for others. Depends on the knit.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? I do not like the look of eyelet, fun fur, or multiple texture yarns. I am sure there are some out there that I would like, I just haven't put my hands on them yet.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? I am a relatively new knitter. I have knitted simple scarves, an illusion knitted scarf, mittens, felted clogs, and washcloths. I have my eyes on some simple sweaters, hats, intarsia mittens, a hemp purse and felted bags.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? I am known as "The Girl Scout." I am always packed with plenty of everything I could possibly need. I do not like to run out of reading materials or knitting, so I bring plenty of WIP as well as new knitting whenever I travel.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I am starting to sew a bit. I recently made a friend a needle holder/organizer.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Favorite color is yellow, runner up is blue. How can you be in a bad mood when you are surrounded in yellow and blue? Least favorite color is purple. I am finding more and more of it creeping into my wardrobe these days, but I definitely despise purple.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Both. I can't choose.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I love animals. (I have a dog and horse) I love spicy food (the hotter the better). I love gardening. (my family passed down a greenhouse business for over 115 years)

(I live in Massachusetts)
That's it for now, I'll post more pattern notes and FO's later... I hope to be caught up soon!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Greenhouse, hmmm... you and I need to talk. I am always on the look out for good herbs for my soaps.

I too would love to go to AUstraila one day but, I think I'd need to be sedated. Don't think I could handle the plane for that long ;-)

Bubblesknits said...

My FIL is from Maine and he's brought back some beautiful pictures when he visits family. It's definately on my "must travel there one day" list. :)

ponyknit said...

Sharon, we can definitely talk. I am allergic to a lot of typical commercial additives, but I usually have no problem with homemade soaps. What herbs have you used?
bubblesknits, Maine is great. I love going up there to visit L.L. Bean and just soaking up the "moose country." :)

Melissa said...

I grew up in San Diego but lived 3 REALLY GOOD SNOW years at Mammoth Mountain -- (53 feet in 05-06!!!) You could ski naked until the 4th of July!!! I will say though, this year was BETTER in Vermont!