Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Here I go...

So... Here I go...
I started knitting because of peer pressure. Yep, the last reason you thought you would hear. Sometime last winter (Jan. 2006) a good friend of mine from grad school started knitting because it was "New England" and while she was here, she HAD to do it. A common friend of ours working in the same lab as an undergrad was the one who had job of teaching her. Once I followed the initial lessons, I too thought it may be a neat thing to try. I was hooked! It was great stress relief, and at the end you had some beautiful art. I then started reading blogs, notably the Yarn Harlot and Subway Knitter, Mason Dixon Knitting, and thought it was a neat way to get to know other knitters with their troubles and triumphs, and also, get to know the people behind the needles. With blog reading I began to get project ideas.. and here I am. Starting my own blog to document my own trials and tribulations. More chatter may appear here, but knitting is the backdrop.

No comments: