Monday, June 18, 2007

Going away to school Facecloths

I hadn't yet caught onto the face cloth knitting craze, and I felt it calling... so I did as any knitter would do, and bought some Peaches 'N Cream and got started. Pictures will be added SOON!

Nubbins Facecloth
Pattern: In a Happy Camper blog, Vyvyan Neel
Weapons: Size recommended in pattern (Size 7), Bamboo Straights
Yarn: Peaches 'n Cream # 181 Faded Denim
Dimensions: 8.5" X 11"
Start: 6/9
Completed: 6/16 (in between plenty of graduation party-ness and otherwise craziness)

Back To School Basketweave Cloth,
Pattern: Knitty, Back to School, Basketweave Cloth
Weapons: Size recommended in pattern (Size 7), Bamboo Straights
Yarn: Peaches 'n Cream #178 Potpourri
Dimensions: 8.5" X 9"
Start: 5/12-5/26 (in between work on Fiber trends clogs)

Recipient: H.W.H.B.'s sister graduated from high school, and is heading to UMass Amherst in fall. I thought she would like something handmade to make her dorm feel at home.


I had fun with both patterns. I started the Basketweave Cloth because I needed something more portable than my Fiber Trends clogs and it was a fast knit. Nubbins was also a fun and fast knit with even less thinking, so it was good for what mindless knitting I needed. I started knitting the Nubbins Nuveaux and the colors that I had to use were not blending well, and I thought a one color cloth would look best. So, I made a basic Nubbins pattern without the color changes and followed the casting off on the edging to produce the nubbins. Next time I may try other cloths from the Back to School set, or make some of the newer Nubbins creations by Vyvyan Neel (Nubbly napkin and placemat).

No comments: